t w e n t y - f i v e : examination struggles

○●●

The car ride to school was too long for its own good. Normally, [Name] would have usually taken 10 minutes to walk from home to school but she had stayed over at her grandmother's home, which was in a completely different city.

Waking an hour earlier than usual was harder then expected, but she managed. Atleast she could use the time during the car ride to revise a bit more, all she could do was pray she got there on time.

Which she did anyways, pulling up at the front of the school in her grandmother's black Porsche was nerve-wracking. The fact that the chaffer even got out of the car before [Name] could and held the door open for her didn't help to lessen the attention she suddenly received.

"Hope you have a good day, [Name] Sama." He said with a small now, and she immediately put her hands up, an anxious expression painted her face.

"Don't call me that, please." She sighed, her hands went to hold the straps of her bag, cheeks reddening slightly.

"Noted, [Name]." He said curtly before returning back into the car and drove off as she turned to walk into school. The eyes that were glued onto her silhouette did not sit well with her.

"Woah I didn't know she came from a rich background." [Name] heard a whisper, but she tried to ignore, walking faster.

"She's really per-"

[Name] didn't wanted hear any more.

○●●

After brisk walking all the way to her classroom, [Name] finally reached her seat and sat down, setting her bag on the side hanger of her desk and looked up. She had expected some of them to look up and stare at her in contempt after that incident last Friday but it didn't happened. Most students were at their desk, studying. Some gathered with their friends, studying together. She scanned the classroom, her friends, Kekoi and Yayoi, was at their seats studying. The Top Five were also studying. Everyone was studying.

"Oh right, they don't want to lose the bet to E Class." She told herself, pulling out her notebook filled with her notes. She skeemed through them with ease, everything there was already up in her head. Afterall, she had re-wrote the entire thing atleast thrice or even more, she couldn't remember.

She was then brought back to her thoughts from the previous day. Thoughts about school itself. Everyone is struggling to study hard just to fall to the E Class. They're not studying for their passion or dreams, their studying for the sake of their dignity, reputation and ideals.

Passion or dreams didn't exist, especially in a school as strict as Kunigaoka. Everything was systemic, still, boring. [Name] didn't have a dream, she studied hard just for her parents' validation.

"This is just sad. . ." She frowned, her eyes glued on the scientific diagram drawn on her notebook. Would they even use it in the future? No one knows and no one cares.

As the sounds of pencil scratching and pages filed the room, [Name] sat there, dissociating away from reality, her thoughts shutting out everything around her. She just sat there, stared at her notebook that she couldn't even process in anymore.

If it weren't for her classmate next to her poking her arm, [Name] would have not notice the teacher coming in. "Are you okay, [Last name]?" He asked, concern laced in his words.