e i g h t : new friends

○○○

[Name] glanced down on her paper. As expected, she got rather high marks, 497/500. Second place, below Gakushuu by a mark. She glanced at Gakushuu, seeing him smirked at his results.

"Guess he's happy he beat me." [Name] deadpanned thought as she rested her head on her palm.

The class was all looking through their results. As expected of the A-class, everyone was in the Top 50. [Name] then looked at the Top 50 chart. She raised her eyebrows in surprise to see Karma got fourth place, out of all the 3rd years. She smiled to herself a bit.

"At least someone from the E class got into the Top 50." She smiled to herself, staring at his name on the near top of the list.

○○○

Meanwhile, in the E class, the entire class was flabbergasted by Karma's academic results.

"100 in Math! Wow! How did you get through that topic?" Tomohinto exclaimed.

"Because he's a natural genius." Kayano spat.

"Nah, because a girl from the building gave me notes a day before the examinations." Karma shrugged.

"EEHHHH?!" The class erupted into disbelief.

"Won't believe me? I have proof." Karma nonchalantly took out the notebook that [Name] gave him and pass it around.

"Woah. . . These notes are hella neat." Maehara said in surprised.

"Eh?! The name on the book!" Rio pointed at the cover.

Maehara flipped to book over and his eyes went wide with shock.

"THIS BELONGS TO [LAST NAME][NAME]!" He shrieked.

Everyone went crazy. They all bombarded Karma with questions, mainly about how he got the notes from a so quote "Superior Being".

"Chill, she's just a little two good shoes. She never liked this system. So she gave me her notes." Karma casually shrugged.

"But why she didn't gave us the notes!" Ryoma complained.

"Because she knew idiots like you won't be able to understand this topic in less than a day." Karma teased, sticking his tongue out at Ryoma.

"Urghh! You!"

○○○

As per usual, [Name] walk out from the school gates, slinging her school bag on her shoulder. As she turns to her right, she saw Karma, leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. [Name] was surprised but then gave him a smile and greeted him.

"Hello, Akabane!" [Name] greeted cheerfully, waving her hand towards him.

"Hey, I'm here to thank you for the notes the day before. So thanks, I guess." Karma spat, putting a hand on his nape as he averted his eyes away from the [Colour] head.

[Name] gave a small laugh and her smile widdened."You're welcome, Akabane."

"Stop calling me that, too formal for my taste. Just call me Karma."

"Alright, Karma Kun."

"We should switch numbers, so that if the school decides to do it again, you can just message me instead of just camping out near the 3-E entrance," Karma said as he whipped out his phone and passed it to [Name].

With a couple of press of some buttons, she successfully typed in her number and saved it into Karma's phone. She then passed back, but then stopped half way before Karma could take it back..

"Don't call or message me at night, got it?"

Karma raised his eyebrow at [Name]'s request. "Okay-"

"You sure about that?"

"Yeah-"

"Then pinkie swear it." [Name] said in a serious tone as she put out her pinkie finger on her free hand that it made Karma laughed.

"You still- believe in pinkie promises?" Karma asked in between his fits of laughter. [Name] shook her head.

"No, but did you know if you did a pinkie promise and you broke it, you have to cut your pinkie off." She replied, her smiled widdened which made it even scarier.

"Well okay then. . .pinkie promise." Karma said hesistsntly, sticking out his own pinkie. The two fingers then intertwined and with a shook, the promise was made. [Name] then laughed after their made their promise, before waving goodbye.

Little did they knew that Gakushuu was at the gate, eavesdropping into their conversation. He had his eyes widdened in complete shock and fist clenched tightly.

"So that's how Akabane got fourth overall but then why did [Last Name] help? I already warned her not too mingle among those deliquents! Did she not heed my warning?" His fist visibly tightened. "It's for her sake, someone with so much potential shouldn't go to waste!"

○○○

After the examinations, it was the school trip to Kyoto. Most of the students at Kunigoka Junior High was excited. They all chattered about their groups and what they were planning to do. [Name] sat at her seat, looking through the briefing pamphlet of the trip.

"6 people in a group? 3 girls and 3 boys. . . I guess we get to choose." [Name] thought to herself as she glanced around the classroom.

Everyone was already into their groups while [Name] wasn't. Seeing that she hasn't gotten with her group, a couple of guys came up to her.

"Can you join our group, [Last Name]? We need another member." One them asked shyly, his cheeks flushing profusely when he spoke.

"No, [Last Name], join our group." Another snarled at the other as they began their death stare.

[Colour] orbs darted between the two guys and the rest of the waiting group. [Name] cleared her throat and stood up from her seat. She then tilt her head to the side slightly. "I'm sorry to disappoint but I already have a group in mind."

"Which is?" They all asked eagerly, leaning in closer which made [Name] startled by their reaction. She sweatdropped as she started to mumble.

"Well-"

"She's in mine." A voice said behind her, as two pair of hands were placed on her shoulders, pulling her back. Guessing from the terrified looks on their faces, [Name] could have already guessed who it was.

"Gomenasai~" She brought her two hands together as an aplogetic closed eye smile etched on her fingers before she trailed behind Gakushuu to her mysterious group. 

Luckily, the two girls that were on her mind to be in her group was in Gakushuu's group. Yayoi waved excitedly the moment she saw her and Gakushuu coming over. The other two boys in the group was Teppei and Ren, who both were eyeing [Name] with a small hue of pink on their cheeks.

"Since we're in a group, we should trade numbers so it's easier to communicate on the trip," Kekoi shyly suggested, in which the guys excluding Gakushuu looked at her as if she was the best thing ever.

The rest nodded and started to exchange numbers among each other. Gakushuu stared at his friends who had gotten [Name]'s number, simping idiotically to themselves. How foolish, if only they know how laughable they seemed right now. Reminds him of the certain internet slang that's starts with the letter P, but he couldn't remember what it was. Whatever, he brushed it aside and focused on their group discussion for the school trip.

○○○

Yeah there was some left over plot idea that I didn't use anymore in this chapter that I forget to delete so have Gakushuu mentally calling his ̶m̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶s̶  friends simps instead.