f i v e : dark fears

○○○

The door slid open, as [Name] walked in, bag slung on her shoulder. She looked up from the ground and was greeted by a familiar face."Good morning, Asano Kun." [Name] greeted, seeing that Gakushuu was normally near the door, at his desk.

"Good morning." He responded, eyes glued to his notebook while he wrote furiously on another piece of paper. [Name] looked over curiously, realizing he was memorizing notes, since he had been taking down the same one on repeat.

It has been a couple of days since the mall incident. Gakushuu had gotten a bit nicer since the days passed. He wasn't as cold as he was to [Name] at first. Termly exams was coming around the corner and students were studying hard. Even Gakushuu had been studying hard, evidence was showing under his violet eyes.

"I see eye bags again, you're studying late, aren't you?" [Name] stated, pointing her finger at Gakushuu's eyes. He shot an annoyed look as he placed down his pencil.

"I know, you're probably going to lecture me about why it isn't good for the my health but it's only for this period of time," Gakushuu replied, leaning back on his seat to look up to the [Colour] haired girl in front of him.

"Period of time, meaning exam time. There are four terms. Each term has two exams, mid term and end term. We also have the end year exams so add extra to another exam. Total of nine exams. The approximated time you study will be six hours per day. We have six subjects to sit for in exams. So six hours per subject, right?" [Name] spoke, counting on her fingers before looking over at Gakushuu for his answer.

"Yeah," Gakushuu replied, raising an eyebrow. Without missing a beat, [Name] took Gakushuu's notebook and flipped to an empty page. Using his pencil, she started to scribble down a few things.

"So then,six times nine, fifty-four exam subjects.Fifty-four times six, three hundred and twenty four hours spent on studying. Three hundred and twenty four divided by twenty four, thirteen and a half hours each day, filled with studying. School hours are six hours. Twenty four minus 13.5 and 6, 5.5 hours left. You are a student council member who comes early to school 2 hours early. So 5 minus 2, 3.5 hours left. Then you have to have time to get ready, so deduct 30 mins. In total, 3 hours of sleep." [Name] finally concluded, ending with a satisfying pencil scratch. She then showed her workings to Gakushuu, putting the notebook close to his face.

[Author's brain died while doing this calculation]

"That was time-wasting," Gakushuu remarked, pushing the notebook away from his face, which [Name] then place back on his desk, along with his pencil.

[Name] looked at him bewildered."3 hours of sleep only. Remember during gym? You would have passed out if I didn't had help. You should sleep more."

"Since when you were the boss of me?"

"Since when you did you think I was the boss of you?"

"Huh?"

"Pfft- Idiot. I didn't even say you must. I said you should." [Name] responded, a mischievous smile crept on her face as she put her hands behind her back.

"Did you just call me an idiot?" Gakushuu growled.

"Yep, cause you didn't understand what I said when you SHOULD sleep more. And do you know lack of sleep makes you loses your focus? Maybe that why you didn't understand me." [Name] teased.

The boy was close to snapping and releasing his anger on [Name], but he kept himself in check, saying to himself that it is not worth the detention. Though, he did started to wonder why he said the two of them were friends. He didn't like the way she teased him and he couldn't do anything because she had made her way to become one of the few popular girls in the school. Being on bad terms could lead to the downfall of his perfect facade.