e i g h t e e n : falling apples

○●●

Red liquid swoosh around in the wine glass that [Name]'s father, Seta, was holding, his hand fidgeting slightly. His wife stood by his side, matching his behaviour of doing slight fidgety movements. Their daughter had vanished from their sights, they had mixed feelings about her sudden disappearance.

"Where do you think she went?" Himiko asked, her manicured nails dugged into her husband's forearm as her arms hugged his arm. Seta carrased his free hand on her arm, his touch soothing her.

"Don't worry, Himiko, I doubt she went far."

Meanwhile, Karma and Koro Sensei stood at the side, watching their anger painted faces scrunched up slightly, with their eyes darting all over the area. The red haired glanced over at his teacher, who now was hiding underneath the white clothed rectangle tables, using camoflauge tentacles to grab his tibbits.

"[Last Name]'s parents don't give me good feelings." Karma remarked, Koro Sensei nodded in agreement.

"They were glaring at me so much, I wanted to laugh at all of the attention they were giving me." He added on with a small laugh at the end.

"Indeed, [Last Name]'s parents does give off a somewhat familiar aura to the Chairman." Koro Sensei chimed in.

"Anyways, what are you doing here?" Karma asked, pouring himself a cup of that red liquid he had poured himself earlier but was taken away by his teacher.

"For the food of course-! Karma Kun, that's wine." The octopus's cheery tone came to a halt when he had to inform Karma of the contents of the drink he was holding.

"Oh." Karma let out, before proceeding to pass his glass to Koro Sensei, he would have dump the liquid back into the basin but with so much people in the vicinity, he couldn't because of social respect.

The red haired watches as his teacher turn into a shade of red, corresponding to the colour of the wine as the octopus chugged down his second glass. A refreshing gasp was heard from Koro Sensei, his camoflague tentacles returning the empty glass to a waiter who was dozing off in the corner.

"Expensive wine, probably a Benedictine brand wine." He remarked. "Expensive wine for expensive taste."

"Neh Karma Kun, I didn't expect your parents to be invited to this sort of stuff." Koro Sensei added. "I thought they were only travellers?"

Karma laughed. "Where do you think they get the money for the expenses of the trips? They do investments, the whoever ceo of the company hosting this was one of the companies that my parents invested in. Mom said they invested in them since the start of the company, so they have good ties."

"Speaking of good ties, seems like the [Last Name]s and Asanos have pretty good ones to me." Koro Sensei remarked, his yellow tentacle pointing over to the direction of the Chairman, who was then chatting away with Seta. The wives were having a drink together nearby, both women were getting flustered by the alcohol.

"Even their children show it." Koro Sensei added, his tentacle shifted and pointed towards backdoor to the courtyard, where [Name] and Gakushuu has walked in together. They seemed to be having a conversation, with both of them smiling and slight laughter.

"It's like that one Malay idiom that my dad used to say a lot of." Karma said, putting his hand on his chin as he tried to remember the phrase. "Seperti acuan, begitulah kuihnya."

"Such a mold is the cake?" Koro Sensei asked, direct translating each other but not using its proper grammering, since he was not fluent in the language.

"I also don't know the translation, but my dad said it mean that a child would follow their parents' quirks. A good example is right over there, with the high class families."

Sure enough, Koro Sensei already saw the link with the idiom to the two families. Everyone in [Name]'s family got along well with the Asanos, which was rather bizzare since their social status and choices of career are so different, it's a mystery of how they got along.

"Yeah, it is really a family trait."

○●●

●sorry for the late and short chapter, take this filler alright imdyinghere-