n i n e : minor injuries

○○○

Sounds of water splashing against the metal sink echoed through the empty hallways. Like the good girl she was, [Name] was cleaning up after her family had dinner. Her parents had already left the kitchen, leaving her all alone. She could hear faint voices from her parent's bedroom upstairs. The walls of their home had always been thin, noise can easily travel from one end to the other.

"I wonder if they're talking about Asano Kun again, it's driving me crazy not knowing why." She visibly frowned, putting the last plate into the dishwasher to dry. Wiping her hands clean with a towel, she tilted her head up, where supposedly her parents' bedroom was. She knew that she wasn't allowed to eavesdrop but she couldn't hold it anymore.

Curiosity maneuvered her body upstairs and towards the direction of her parent's bedroom. [Name] pressed her ear against the wall, trying to grasp of what her parents was saying.

"-that won't work, Hitsuko! That Asano boy wouldn't care for that!" [Name] heard her father exclaimed, a small laugh from her mother followed.

"He's a teenage boy, Seta, he won't be invincible." She quirked an eyebrow up in slight confusion at her mother's words. Invincible to what, she asked her herself as she pressed her ear against the wall. Their voices turned into soft mumbles, making it harder for her to listen in.

"I won't approve of [Name] showing off her body like that!" The tone of her father's voice caused [Name] to flinch. For some reason, he was angry at his wife, which rarely happens as both of them were practically their gender counterparts. Beads of sweat started to dripped down her face in anxiousness when she heard footsteps in the room. Without a second thought, she turned around and made her way to her room. Just before she could even pass the stairs, her mother's voice stopped her in her tracks.

"Where are you going?" [Name] turned her head around slowly, seeining her mother stood tall with her arms crossed and leaning to one side. [Name] quickly turned to face her mother.

"I was going to my room, Mother." She replied, plastering on a small smile though the smile didn't return from her mother. Cold red eyes was staring daggers at [Name], and she could feel every one of it stabbing through her body. Hands started to tremble and skin started whitening as she saw her mother tapping her fingers against her arm.

"You were eavesdropping, I heard your footsteps darling." A malevolent smile formed on her mother's red lips as she walked over to her. [Name] stood rooted to the ground, embracing herself. With a harsh grip, the lady grabbed [Name]'s wrist, eliciting a yelp of pain from her. "You do know that's not allowed, right dear?" She whispered venomously at her ear.

[Name] gave a slow nod, eyes wide in pure fear. Her mother let out a sadistic laugh

"And remember, when you break the rules, punishment always follow."

○○○

It had been a few days since [Name] had came to school. Her classmates started to worry, especially her friends that she had always hung out with. In the early morning, both Yayoi and Kekoi huddled together, waiting at the front door for their friend.

"Do you think she'll come today?" Kekoi asked, watching students walk passed them in the corridors. The maroon haired girl gave a hopeful nod, her silver eyes glued to every student walking past before proceeding on with another student. "I'm really worried, we had been trying to contact her but she's not even reading our messages." She sighed worryingly.