t h i r t y - f i v e : major argument

●●●

Just like that, summer vacation ended. It was filled with memories that [Name] would cherish definitely, but now she has to focus on whats important, studying. How odd, she thought. She was definitely getting influenced by the studious nature of her friends. Though all varied from personalities, deep down, studying is their main thing.

[Name] thought her semester would only be focusing on studying and school, but her gut feeling started to act out during the first assembly. For some odd reason, when she walked into the gymnasium with her friends, she felt a tinge of, unease. Her instincts was telling her something, her intuition screamed.

With a quick glance around, she noticed a certain strawberry head was missing. As student council president, he probably is busy with his duties but during a school curriculum? As she lined up, her eyes landed onto the large stage. Maybe he was going to do some grand speech? That's unlikely, Teppei usually handles these type of things as president of the broadcasting club.

". . . Try not to be too discouraged hHehehahah. . ."

[Name] overhead Koyama gleed, arousing suspicion to his words. She still remembered clearly how downcasted they were during the closing ceremony from the previous semester, what could have possibly happened to make them so, overly ecstatic?

She took a look at the E Class students, and they all had confused looks as well. When Nagisa made eye contact with her, all she could do was shrug, showing her cluelessness.

The opening ceremony soon started. It was rather normal, nothing new or out of the ordinary. Until it came to its ending. Teppei was wrapping things up before he suddenly announced.

"Starting today, the A Class will be adding a new member to their ranks."

Huh?

"Until yesterday, he was in the End Class."

What? Teppei's voice got drowned out by [Name] loud thoughts. The guy talked about diligence and what not, but one thing she couldn't quite understand was why broadcast it publicly? It is was just a change of class, why should it matter?

". . .hear his words of joy, Takebayashi Kotaro Kun!"

A skinny figure emerged from behind the red curtain, holding a piece of paper in his hand. He walked calmly, with a blank expression. As he stepped onto the podium to speak, she already knew what he was going to say.

This wasn't some proud declaration of joy.

It was a mockery towards the E Class.

As she listened more to the words of insults Kotaro threw out, the more her gut feeling deepened. He spoke in such a neutral, almost factual way, that it seemed believable to her. But [Name] knew her friends in the E Class. They were lazy or had no drive to study, they were completely the opposite.

So why is someone, who had spent almost half a year with them, be spilling lies infront of everyone else?

"I will work hard so that I never fall into E Class again. That's all."

Silence filled the gymnasium. Most of obliviously left speechless, afterall, how could someone from the End Class rise so suddenly?