t w e n t y - s e v e n : disappointing results

●●●

[Colour] eyes stared at her test papers that were just passed down. As expected, she had maintained her standard and still held her second place position, though her overall marks had took a slight declined. A lip pout came to her naturally, mad at herself for having a couple of her marks shaved off but with everything going on, the contract, summer vacation and Gakushuu, she had lost a bit of her focus.

According to their teacher, three students from the E Class had taken away the first spots in individual subjects from the Five Virtuosos - English, Social Studies and Science. [Name] couldn't help but let out a sigh of relief for her friends in the E Class, the contract that Gakushuu had whipped out would have pushed them into a corner, and with that monster of a teacher they have. She didn't wanted to imagine the outcome.

Lunch time soon came, but everyone was still hung up on their results. [Name] and Yayoi were at Kekoi desk, comparing each other's results with one another. The ravennette had a frown tugging the corners of her lips, her thick-rimmed glasses blocking her teary eyes.

"I dropped 3 positions down. . . My mom is going to kill me." Kekoi mumbled, staring at the bright red numbers on her paper. Yayoi gave a sad nod, resting a reassuring hand on her friend's shoulder. The poor girl was shaking, still trying to process her results. "I studied so hard, how did I even drop?"

The crack in Kekoi's voice made [Name]'s heart dropped. Without missing a beat, Yayoi bent down and wrapped her arms around the small girl, embracing her. "It's okay, the papers were really hard. I dropped as well and even [Name] Chan had lost alot of marks as well."

"You can always try again, Koi Chan. So don't cry." Yayoi comforted, pulling away from the huh. She then removed Kekoi's glasses and wiped her tears away, much to the ravennette's embarrassment. Her face visibly reddened but she let her anyways.

[Name] stood there and watch. According to Yayoi, the two of them had been friends since the first day of Junior High, and had been joined at the hip. The moment she saw was what friends do, comforting each other when one is at their lowest. She wondered, if anyone had wiped her tears away like that and showed genuine concern.

Her parents were an obvious no, and her grandmother wasn't always around to help pull her from own darkness.

She was then reminded of the time Gakushuu had comforted her, that day when the two of them had experienced a black out while a small compact area. Him wrapping his arms around her and giving slow strokes on her back was the most comforting thing she had ever felt. A smile formed on her face.

While Yayoi was comforting Kekoi, [Name] turned to see where Gakushuu was. Sadly, he wasn't in the classroom. Seems like he had stormed out of the classroom once the bell rang. Probably to meet his father, afterall that man had instructed to raise Class A's standard but they had lost their bet with Class E.

"I hope he'll be okay." She prayed, but she knows that Gakushuu will come out of it furious. His father will most likely mock him about it, talking about how he was too ahead of himself.

He definitely won't be okay.

"Let's stop talking about our results, since it's only going to give us pain." [Name] said curtly, cutting off her own train of thoughts and began snatching both of her friends' papers, making sure it was a neat small stack in her hands. She shoved in under the desk, out of sight and out of their minds. Her two friends looked at her, bewildered at her sudden actions. Though they soon understood her intentions. She gave an innocent smile, asking,

"So, any plans for the summer?"

●●●

Lunch soon ended, followed by a lesson and then the Semester assembly. [Name] barely talking to Gakushuu. He had only came back to class right before the bell rang and during the walk to the school hall he remained silent with an intimidating aura surrounding him. She did try to talk to him but all she received was a cold shoulder. So all she could do was simply watch from afar.