s i x t e e n : the gala

○○●

"You're really such a beauty." [Name]'s mother commented as she did her daughter's hair, looking at daughter through the vanity. Hitsuko's hands rested on [Name]'s bare shoulders, her mother's red eyes admiring her picture perfect daughter.

"Thank you, Mother. I got it from you, after all." [Name] replied, giving her a smile and a small laugh.

That day was the day of the Gala. [Name] was getting ready. She was already in her dress and was getting her hair done. Her dress was a long flowey [Colour] A line dress that stops right before touching the floor. Her top covered her entire chest area and was sleeveless, but left her top back bare. Her hair was then styled into a messy bun, decorated with shimmers from a shimmering hairspray her mother used.

[Short hair readers, pleass ignore the underlined, just know that you look hot eitherway]

After her mother finished doing her hair, the family was done and was ready to leave their home for the gala. [Name]'s mother was beyond excited for this event. Hitsuko had a cunning smirk plastered on her face for the entire ride. [Name] was staring blankly out of the car window, admiring the scenery outside while inside her head, she hopes it goes well.

The Gala was held at a ballroom at the outskirts of the city area. It took a while for them to get there, but [Name] used the time well to remember the steps she had learned from Gakushuu and Ren. After finally reaching there, [Name] stepped out of the car, causing an unexpected entrance.

When [Name] walzed into the ballrooms, most eyes were on her. Her parents stood by both of her sides, practically glued to her as they bask in the attention that almost everyone was giving to their daughter. After all, the only reason they brought her to the event was to show off on what a beautiful daughter they had.

[Name] had her head low, not wanting to look up, all of the attention on her was making her nervous. Seta noticed and leaned down to whisper to her ear. "Smile, everyone's watching you."

She complied, holding her head up high and giving her brightest smile. It seemed to have a wider effect on everyone, since she was wearing some light makeup that was accentuating her features greatly. She looked happy, but she didn't felt it. Her heart was racing, cause since everyone's eyes was on her, if she made a mistake her parents would be the first to notice. The immense pressure to avoid it at any cost was great.

"No mistakes! You gotta keep perfect!"

She kept smiling, till it started to hurt her cheeks but she still continued. She had to put on her perfect facade, and makes sure it never breaks again. Friends and colleugues of her parents came to them, greeting and complimenting [Name]. They commented on her beauty, her elegance, her style and her smile.

"She's really such a perfect girl!" One of them gushed, carresing [Name]'s face gently with her gloved hands. The sudden contact sent warning signals through out [Name]'s body but she stood her ground, she was infront of her parents, she can't break yet.

"She's flawless!" Another commented.

"A recherché."

"Such an exquisite daughter."

Though the compliments was for [Name], she felt it was for her parents. The more compliments they gave, the more they fed their fragile egos. The two of them had already failed at being perfect in their early years, so they're playing the perfect life through their daughter instead. Everything they did was to see perfection in her.