f i f t e e n : dancing lessons

○○●

"Neh, Yayoi San."

"Hmm?"

"Do you know how to dance?" [Name] asked out of the blue, surprising her two friends during lunch. Their school trip had ended and it was finally back to school. Yayoi and Kekoi gave a couple of blinks, unsure on how to reply.

"In what way?" Kekoi asked, even though she has not a single clue on dancing.

"Ballroom dancing, my family has to go to this fancy gala this weekend, the thing is I don't know how to dance." [Name] replied, drinking finished her packeted drink.

"We don't really do dances, cause me and Koi Chan are just normal people who came on a scholarship." Yayoi spoke up, Kekoi nodded her head in full agreement. "But a gala, eh?"

"Is it like those things where people wear big dresses and dance?" Yayoi asked, putting her finger on her chin as her eyes glanced up to the ceiling, trying to imagine the scene she had just described.

"Yeah, I'm a bit nervous, it's pretty sudden if you ask me." [Name] replied, putting down her drink on the desk the three of them were surrounding.

"Maybe you should try asking our other higher class classmates? Maybe they know a thing or two about dancing." Kekoi suggested, her eyes glancing over at Ren and Gakushuu who was at the back of the class, chatting with the rest of the Top 5.

"Maybe I should," [Name] said suddenly, standing up from her seat before proceeding to walk away, surprising her two friends.

She walked up to the Top 5, tapping on Ren's shoulder from behind. The brunette turned around, running his hand through his hair upon seeing who it was. The other four guys glanced over at [Name] in curiosity, wondering why she had approached them. "Do you know how to do ballroom dancing?" She asked, Gakushuu perked up at the mentioning of it.

"Yeah, I do know a bit, may I ask why you're asking?" Ren answered, his eyes darted towards Gakushuu, since during their earlier conversation, the strawberry blond had mentioned about a gala he was going to attend.

"My family were invited to a gala, the thing is I don't know how to dance."

"Ah, I see. Then I'll teach you how to dance." Ren smiled flirtatiously as he extended his hand and held [Name]'s dainty one. However, the girl immediately pulled her hand away, an awkward laugh followed.

"I apologise but I'm more of a visual learner than a hands on one, I just need to watch a pair of people dancing infront of me." [Name] said, Ren's expression became crestfallen at her words.

"Neh Asano, don't you also know how to dance?" Seo perked up, [Name]'s face immediately lit up at his words.

"Then you two could pair up and dance for me." [Name] exclaimed excitedly, clapping her hands together, her eyes eager to watch the two boys dance.

"B-But we're both guys-?" Ren said, his skin pricking at the idea of dancing with a guy. Both Ren and Gakushuu had a look that had "What the Fuck" written all over. Yayoi and Kekoi seemed to have heard the gist of it, and had walked over to [Name], as eager as [Name] to watch the little show.

"So? Who said it must always be a girl and boy pair up?" Yayoi shot back, a little smirk played on her lips as her arms crossed over her chest. Ren look lost at that point and glanced at Kekoi, who was simply silently standing next to the maroon haired.

"Mihara San, say something about this please?" Ren pleaded but Kekoi simply smiled at him.

"Bold of you to assume that I'm not interested as well." Kekoi said quietly, Ren looked defeated at her words. He then glanced over at his friend, he was more worried about what Gakushuu would do then his own fragile sexuality.

"Ogura is right, a male can dance with a male if they want to." Gakushuu said, agreeing with what the girls's said. "But make it clear we are both straight and not gay." He added and the three girls nodded.

The other three Top Five watched in complete bewilderment as their leader took Ren's hand and began demostrating the dance for [Name], with him being the dominant dancer of course. [Name] watched closely, trying to remember the steps as best she could. Once they were done, [Name] turned to Kekoi.

"Kekoi San, be my dancing partner for a while." [Name] said, to Kekoi's surprise.

"But I can't dan-" Kekoi protested but [Name] pulled her close to her, her hand on the ravenette's waist and the other interlinked with her hand. Kekoi turned scarlet, as [Name] spun her around with a twirl of her hand.

"So like that?" [Name] asked, letting go of the now tomato faced girl and turning to face the boys.

"Well you danced to the guy's part instead of the girl's part though, so you techinally did it wrong." Ren sweatdropped, [Name] widdened her eyes in surprise.

"Wait really? Does it matter?" She asked. Gakushuu let out one audible sigh as he rubbed his temples.

"Let me actually show you." Gakushuu spat, taking [Name] in his hands. He was about to rest his hand on her waist, but choose not to do it having remembered that she hated being touched. With his hand hovering over her waist, he did a quick demo. "Its faster to learn hands on."

"Oh wow Asano Kun, you gentleman." Yayoi teased, noticing his hoverhands.

Noticing Gakushuu's slightly reddened ears, [Name] spoke up, "It's okay to touch my waist, Asano Kun, I trust you."

She wanted to decrease his embarrasment level but it only increased it as his ears became redder.

"She trusts me?" He thought before he let go.

"So do you understand a bit better?" Gakushuu asked, in which [Name] nodded.

"Yep, thanks Asano." She smiled brightly, a somewhat irritating feeling formed in his stomach when he saw her smile. After hanging out with [Name] for some time, he noticed that most of her smiles were always so exergerrated. She looked beautiful, of course, but he wanted to see her smile genuinely again.

Once they were done, she walked away with her friends, while Gakushuu returned to his friends past conversation but his mind still wondered to what she said.

"She trusts me. . . If she does why won't she tell me what truly happened during the time she didn't came to school?"

Gakushuu visibly frowned, he had forgotten about that incident after some time but it came in to his mind again. Something was making her act, something was holding her back, something was controlling her and he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

○○●

I'm going to try best to upload weekly like how I used to, so expect weekly chapters once again ^^