t h r e e : unexpected kindness

○○○

"Good morning everyone." [Name], with a waving motion of her hand, greeted when she walked into her classroom.

Everyone's eyes lit up the moment they saw their class beauty walked in. They all crowded around her at the front door of the classroom, eager to start a friendly conversation with her. Despite it being her third day, almost everyone in the class had already warmed up to her. Every time that [Name] is around her classmates, she gave off a warm and sweet vibe that makes everyone warmly attracted to her, both guys and girls. Gakushuu, on the other hand, was annoyed at the sight in front of him.

She was an oddly weird but normal girl, what was Gakushuu perceived her to be. He had seen her entrance exams scores, showing her keen intellect, but she seemed to be hiding it under a facade of a cheerful and warm highschool girl. No matter how many times he saw others complimenting her intelligence, she brushed it off as normal.

"Just as if she's a perfect ideal highschool girl." Gakushuu remarked in his head, his eyes gaze over to the front door to see [Name] walking towards him, the crowd of students dispersing away the moment she left to chat with the male.

She plastered on her signature smile, tilting her head slightly to her side as she asked,"Asano Kun, did you slept well last night?" The first thing someone said to Gakushuu was whether he slept well, what an interesting choice of a question.

He glanced over her, giving her an annoyed look. Gakushuu found her annoying but it was impossible for him to shake her off from him, with the many eyes on him, he'll be deemed rude if he told her off.

"Stayed up studying late, is it?" [Name] added on, stressing on her last two words, her smile never leaving her face. Her tone made it slightly intimidating, and the smile on her face added the cherry on top.

Gakushuu raised his eyebrows in surprised. He had been always studying late into the night, yet no one notices. So why does a random transfer student be noticing it now?

As if she read his mind, she gave a swift reply to his burning question in his mind. "Your eyebags gave it away. Anyone who has good eyes would notice." She simply shrugged. "I'm surprised your health hasn't declined from your lack of sleep. You ought to get some sleep.'

"Since when you can nagged at me for sleeping late?" Gakushuu whispered shouted, annoyed by her intervention.

"Believe me, you're going to pass out from the lack of sleep." [Name] added on.

"As if I'm going to believe YOUR words." Gakushuu snarked, an irk mark forming on his forehead.

"We'll see when the time comes." [Name] replied, with a sly smirk replacing her sweet smile. "It was nice to talking to you." She waved as she went to her seat at around the back of the classroom.

The bell rang and everyone went back to their assigned seats. Their Gym Teacher marched through the doors as if it was the actual military. He stood stiff in front of the class with a serious look on his face. Mr Tobio, their intern Gym Teacher, had always been strict when it comes to gym despite him being new. He was originally part of the Japanese Navy Force Ops team but left after he got married. With his bulging muscles and booming voice, most students feared him.

"LISTEN UP SHRIMPS. Today, we'll be training HARD." Mr Tobio shouted as he flexed his muscles.

"You may have the brains, but do you have the BRAWNS?!" He exclaimed.

"Get into your gym clothes and I'll make sure your muscles are BULDGING like mine!" Mr Tobio ordered as he flexed his muscles once again.

"This teacher. . . He's too passionate. . ."

[Small author's note: The gym teacher was a random crackhead character I made at like 3am, don't take him so seriously, alright?]

○○○

Class 3A assembled at the Gym. Everyone was warming up, getting ready and waiting for Mr Tobio. He eventually came marching into the Gym. He stood in front of the class, legs apart and hands behind his back.

"Alright shrimps! Apparently, it is illegal to force students to run tll they drop, so instead of doing that, we'll have a dumb dodgeball game." Mr Tobio explained.

"Everyone split into two groups then we will start. The losers will have to run the gym 20 times." Mr Tobio said.

Everyone scurried to forms group. Eventually, the groups were formed and by some sort of luck or bad luck, [Name] and Gakushuu were on opposing teams.

"ALRIGHT SHRIMPS BREAK A LEG AND I MEAN IT." Mr Tobio roared as he blew his yellow whistle, indicating the start of the dodgeball game.

○○○

Heavy panting and breathing was heard among the students as their first game of dodgeball ended. It was intense, as both sides didn't wanted to be the losing team. In the end, both teams ended up with a tie. How it came to a tie? Well, [Name] and Gakushuu were the last person on their team left. The male hide it well but [Name] could see him staggering, so taking pity, she threw her ball precisely and the moment it made contact, she announced that she surrender.

Since the ball had made contact with Gakushuu the moment [Name] had given up, Mr Tobio considered it a tie and made both sides run 20 laps around the gym. Though it was considered unfair to some, Mr Tobio said that after doing the laps, they can have free period for the rest of gym time.

The class erupted into cheers once they heard what the teacher said. Eventually, it died down and everyone went to finish their rounds to get their free period. On the other hand, after doing all that tiring physical acitivites, Gakushuu became slightly pale. [Name] was the only who noticed the colour change. She then followed him to the back of the school. She saw him sitting down on the bench, dozing off.

"You shouldn't do that." [Name] said, from behind the corner of the wall, jolting Gakushuu out from his daze.

"Jeez, when can I be alone?" Gakushuu grumbled as [Name] took a seat next to him.

[Name] stared at him. His eye bags were obvious, yet no one didn't want to point it out. It was rather pitiful to her. One of the most popular guys in school, yet no one bothers to care about his proper well being. Reaching out, she gently took his head and laid it on her lap.

"W-what are you doing?!" Gakushuu gasps, immediately trying to get up but [Name] made sure his head ain't going anywhere

"Making you rest. You can sleep here. No one is coming here. Sleep until the free period is over." [Name] responded calmly.

Gakushuu didn't argue further. He was too tired and that match made him utterly exhausted. He closed his eyes slowly and fell asleep on [Name]'s lap. She smiled softly at the sleeping Gakushuu as she stroked his head.

"What a pitiful person. . ." She murmured quietly as she stared at his tired face. "Everyone looks at you as some superior being, yet no one realises you're still human. . .'

"Aren't we so alike, Asano Kun?"

○○○