t w e n t y - t h r e e : caring grandma

○●●

The car ride to her grandmother's home was dull and silent. The chauffeur tried to strike a conversation with [Name] but she only gave one word answers, indicating her exhaustion. She was enjoying the view from inside the car, watching the many bustling towns slowly turning into a forestry scenery as the time went by. The car eventually came to a stop when the chauffeur pulled over at a large house, surrounded by a small forest. It was a cozy house, home to [Name]'s grandmother, [Last Name] Tomiko.

Tomiko came rushing out the moment she heard the car from inside of her home. The old lady was wearing a pale green long sleeve dress that reaches at her knees. Her hair touched her shoulders barely, messy and disheveled since she had been busy clearing her schedule for the weekend the moment she had received the call from [Name].

The older lady came embracing her in her warm arms. [Name], who was exhausted, simple gave a weak return, which alarmed her grandmother. Tomiko caressed her granddaughter's face lovingly after pulling away, her [Colour] eyes staring into her granddaughter's corresponding ones. The elder one knew something was wrong, so immediately brought [Name] inside, showing her to her room. Yes, [Name] had her own room because her grandmother would give anything for her.

The colour pallete of the room matched [Name]'s room at home; the walls painted [Colour], the ceiling left blank white. The desk and her bed matched the colour schemes, with the bed sheets being a different tone from each other. The only difference between the room and the one back home is that the one at her grandmother's felt more, alive.

There was pictures hanged on the walls, framing memories of [Name] and her grandmother. Small doodles on the walls in the corners from her childhood that was not painted over. The little scratches on her desk still remained. There was signs on life in that room, but the room back at home, it was picture perfect. No doodles, no scratches, no pictures. No signs of life at all. Just a still, looking room.

Looking at the room gave [Name] a somewhat breather, she didn't felt suffocated. Without even taking her socks off, she walked in and faceplanted onto her bed, the soft material carrasing her skin. The moment she landed on the bed, her eyes were screwed shut.

Tomiko had a loving smile on her face, leaning on the doorway as she watches her granddaughter sleep peacefully. She turned around and closed the door, taking out her phone as she walked away; her smile vanishing immediately as her eyes landed on the name of the contact she had just opened.

Seta

The older lady wouldn't have bothered to call her son but she had too, as [Name] was his daughter. She pressed onto the dial button, putting the phone to her ear as she waited for her son to pick up the call.

○●●

When [Name] woke up, the sun was already setting. She rose up into a sitting position, watching the sunset from the window. The light rays were shining on her drowsy face. She looked around the room and saw some clothing on her desk. She leaned over, seeing a yellow post it pad on it.

These are your clothing, come downstairs for dinner before you go shower -Oba San

A smile etched on her lips, as she drag herself of the bed and out the door she went. She was still rather sleepy, having woken up moments ago. She was walking in a daze, down the stairs and into the kitchen, where her grandmother was sitting at the table, scrolling through her phone before she looked up to see [Name].

"All energized?" The old lady asked, and [Name] simply nodded as she took a seat opposite her.

"Thank you." [Name] muttered, pulling her chair into the table as the maid came and set the food on the table. She stared at the food Infront of her quietly, while her grandmother fiddled around with her phone. The older lady didn't realised that her granddaughter wasn't eating until she noticed the silence.