Chapter 40(Part II)

________________________________

●□●□●□●□●

●□●□●□●□●

___________________________________

--Dave--

The school got over and thankfully Steve had disappeared. God knows where but good for us.

He is a similar version of Evan.

If it was in my hands, I would have kicked him out of the school. Did he had to transfer to this school? Out of so many cities, so many schools in U.S., did god have to send him here. And why the hell was it necessary to be friends with Bella? I am pretty sure that I rubbed it on his face pretty hard that Bella and I are in a relationship.

On the contrary, every time he looks at Bella, there is a flash of guilt for a split second in his eyes and then it's normal. Am I thinking too much?

"You should keep some distance with that prick." I told Bella as we walked down the hallway towards the exit of the school building and she immediately knew who I was talking about.

"Tsk. He is not a bad person. He seems so friendly. I suddenly feel a connection between us. Don't you- wait a damn minute, you are jealous, aren't you?"

"Huh. Me? jealous? Jealous my ass." I scoffed.

I am so jealous that I am burning inside. I might become a ball of fire if that prick appears all of a sudden.

We were walking to the parking lot when a lady bumped pretty hard into Bella. I immediately caught on to her but the lady fell down in a way that her hand got scratched and started to bleed.

I didn't know it was humanly possible to be as clumsy as her.

"Oh my god. I am so sorry." Bella said as she helped the lady get up. It was bleeding pretty bad since her hand hit against a sharp rock. Remind me to tell the staff to make someone remove all the rocks from the campus because it is quite possible for Bella to get hurt judging from the fact that she is clumsier than anyone.

So am I but I like to deny it.

Look, I am just being a nice boyfriend and a nice citizen at the same time.

"I will get the first aid kit. It's in my car." I said and went to get it. I felt unusual when I looked at her. Her face was not visible since she had a mask and shades to cover half her face. She was wearing a cap too, so we couldn't see her face at all. It looked as if she is a part of some gang.

Weird people are dropping from the sky today. I am having a hard time protecting Bella from them. First Steve and now this lady.

I got the kit and Bella helped her in cleaning the wound.

"I am so sorry. I wasn't looking." Bella said before finishing what she was doing.

"There you go. Don't let water touch it. Change it every-"

Before Bella could complete her sentence, the lady hugged Bella. It was sudden hug and she wasn't anywhere close to leaving her anytime soon.

"Ma'am. Are you fine?" she asked but the lady said nothing. She pulled back immediately and said a quick thank you and went wherever she was going.

"Weird right?" I said as I looked in the direction the lady ran off to.

She mumbled something which I couldn't understand.

"What?"

"Nothing. You will not understand." she said and entered the car. I got inside and started the car.

"Want to grab coffee? You look stressed."

"Oh, is this my boyfriend asking me for a date?" she teased and wiggled her eyebrows.

"No way. I mean, Not yet. I wouldn't take you for a date to some coffee shop. That's cheap. And basic. And boring-"

"Okay, we get it. You are basically making fun of half the population." She says as we drive down the streets.

"And here I was, getting flattered all of a sudden." She adds softly.

I parked my car in front of the most famous coffee shop of the town. We entered and the aroma of coffee was evident. Since it was Monday, not many people were present. We took the window seat and made ourselves comfortable.

"Dave, don't you think that lady was a bit weird?" she said while keeping her gaze outside of the window. She looks so cute when she in deep thoughts. She always pouts when she is thinking too hard.

"Yeah, kind of. I have met weirder people. So I can't really call her weird."

"Why would she hug me?" she said while playing with the menu card.

"I don't know. Maybe she knows you but you don't. Or maybe she saw the news yesterday. Whatever, it doesn't matter." I said when I got annoyed from thinking of all the possible reason some random lady would come and hug her.

"That makes more sense." She said and started looking at the menu. The waitress came to take our order. When I looked up, I saw some brunette standing in a very seductive pose in front of me. The first three buttons of her shirt was open putting her chest on display and leaving nothing to our imagination.

She took her notepad out and batted her long and fake eye lashes.

"What shall I get you?" I looked at Bella who was frowning and furiously looking at the waitress.

"A decent waitress." Bella answered.

"Oh, I am afraid, I am the only waitress available. The rest are busy." She said in an annoyed voice to Bella and turned back to me. I was sitting back and enjoying watching the two ladies fight. Especially my lady fighting for her man.

"I will have a cappuccino and baby, will have an ice tea." She spoke with authority as if trying to shoo her away.

"You want a cappuccino. What do you want handsome man?"

"I just said he will have an ice tea." Bella shouted.

"Well that is what you said and not him. I am asking him."

"Get your head out of your ass bitch. Well I know him better than you do since he is my husband and father of my kids. So, you may leave and serve us with whatever I said or it wouldn't take me a second to call the manager. Do you get it or shall I write it on a piece of paper and shove it down your throat?" Bella had now stood up from her seat and grabbed everyone's attention.

She took a step forward, as if challenging her to do something. The waitress's eyes widened and she ran off to where she came from.

Bella huffed and flipped her hair back as she sat back on her seat. I just let out a chuckle, imagining something like this when we are actually married and having kids.

"Don't laugh, you-potato head. She was being such a bitch. I mean, am I invisible? I thought she would understand the first time I called you baby." I laughed some more on her feisty behavior.

"You said that you weren't the jealous type. What happened now?"

"I am not jealous. I am trying to make her understand that you are mine."

"Huh? That doesn't make sense. You were clearly jealous."

"Fuck off. I was not jealous. She was bitchy and I was trying to put her into place."

"You are cute when u swear and all." I said and pinched her cheek as she blushed hard on my compliment.