Chapter 52 - Thankyou

___________________________________

I fell in love with you because you loved me when even I couldn't love myself.
●□●□●□●□●

●□●□●□●□●_____________________________

●□●□●□●□●
_____________________________

--Isabella--

I stared at Dave, the love of my life fighting for me.

My heart dropped down to my ass at the site of him getting beaten up. It wasn't a fair fight being one against four. But still he fought. Not for himself but for me, for our love. I was stupid enough to fight with a man who was willing to give away his life for me.

The only good thing that happened in my life. How did I possibly think of leaving him?

Zayn and Evan entered the scenes with a few other men and soon there was a full on fight scene.

Whoa, dramatic much? Remind me to ask them about these men in black.

They untied me and ordered me to leave the damn place.I would have run away but I didn't have the heart to leave behind the men who were fighting for my safety. So I just stood there like a fool. It was surely a mistake but then again, if we had realized what we are doing is wrong at the time of doing it, then no one would have ever done a mistake.

My step father pointed the gun at me and stood there unable to think of anything. Thankfully, Dave lifted his hand up and he shot the gun towards the air. They started to fight for the gun but Owen just wouldn't give up. Zayn tried to aim at Owen with his gun but he couldn't shoot since there was a high risk of shooting Dave too.

I heard the sound of the gun and let out an ear piercing scream. For a second I just looked across the room between Zayn and Dave.

And then something happened, an image I will never be able to take out of my mind was right before my eyes. Dave groaned out loudly and fell onto the floor, clutching his stomach. My stepfather aimed the gun at Dave again but he was shot in his hand by Zayn.

I held onto Dave as his body was slowly giving up and his eyes were drooping. His body became heavier as he started to lose consciousness.

"No. No, Dave. Look at me. Don't close your eyes." I sobbed. I just couldn't take my eyes off his face. I was too bothered to look anywhere else.

"I love you." he said. I can't believe that the most unbelievable part of a book is happening in my life. I generally laughed when I read these over dramatic scenes but now I can feel the pain of the lead. It fucking pains.

He closed his eyes completely and I shouted. "No Dave, please don't leave me. I am sorry for whatever I did. I trust you; more than anyone in this world. Please come back to me. When you called me when I was unconscious, I came back to you, right? You have to come back to me. Please Dave!" I shouted as I buried my head between his neck and shoulder. I then placed my head over his chest and cried.

"His heart is still beating fast." I thought aloud.

"For you." I heard someone say.

"I know. He is mine and only mine." I said as I sobbed.

"Then why did you leave me?"

"Because-" I looked up when I realized whose voice it was. I looked up and saw the deep ocean blue eyes that I have been dreading to see. I gaped at the sight as I tried to process what was happening. He just laughed looking at my surprised look and got up.

"Y-You- How- what the-" I tried to think but then couldn't. my mind as blank. Just a minute ago it felt like my word had stopped and now it was moving again. I moved away thinking I was seeing ghost.

Zayn and Evan laughed along with Dave and I just started to cry. This time it was not because I was sad but because I was happy, and when I mean happy, I mean the happiest I have ever been.

Dave hugged me tight before smoothing my hair and caressing my back. "It's okay. I am here."

"But you weren't a minute ago. I felt like I had no one."

"Ah. I feel so left out!" My brother shouted. I turned back and glared at them before turning my head back to Dave and snuggling into his chest. It was only then that I noticed there was no blood on him.

"Well, I never went anywhere. I will never leave you alone. I made that mistake once and I am not doing that again."

"But what exactly happened?"

"I knew that this kind of thing typically happens. So I just wore a bullet proof jacket inside. We had it all planned. I am not iron man to just come and stand in front of the bullet. I know I am romantic but in a sensible way." He said and kissed my forehead.

The way he said everything seemed like this meant nothing to him. I stared at him for another long ass minute and then started hitting him. I hit his chest a few time before scolding him. "Do you know how scared I was. You could have given me a warning. I felt like-"

"You felt exactly what I felt a few weeks back. We feel the same for each other. We are addicted to each other."

"Revenge huh?" I said, pouting.

"Well, what can I say. I-"

"I hate you."I said.

"I love you too."

"I didn't mean anything I said in the video."

"I know."

"Guys can we continue this later? I called the police. They will be here any minute now." Evan said, chuckling.

Dave looked at him and then back at me. He had looked away, engrossed in deep thoughts. I knew exactly what he was thinking.