Chapter 20 - My Inner Child come Around at Wront Times

__________________________

Don't blame someone for disappointing you. Blame yourself for expecting too much.
●□●□●□●□●

●□●□●□●□●__________________________

●□●□●□●□●
__________________________

--Dave--

I waited for Isabella in the parking lot, just like yesterday. It feels good how I keep waiting for someone. I never knew this was so fun. When I wait for her for long and finally see her, I love how that makes my heart happy. It is like I have got whole other reason to come to school. An interesting reason for that matter.

This is something that I never did before.

I have been changing a lot lately. I don't know whether I should be happy about it or not. My playboy image is being torn down by my own behavior. That neither makes me any less attractive nor prevent girls from coming my way.

It is just that I shove them out of my way even more nowadays. They need to understand that I am going to keep my focus on this one for a while. I don't know how long I mean when I say 'while' but I guess until I tell everything out loud and then get rejected. My friends keep teasing me about it. Especially Zack.

I am afraid, if Isabella gets a hint before I get to say something, it will become awkward on a whole other level.

When she came, I was clearly overwhelmed because I thought she wouldn't be coming.

"You were waiting?" Why didn't she believe I would wait for her? Well I can't blame her since I couldn't believe it myself when my legs refused to go inside the building without her.

Ew, cringe level 101!

"Of course I was. What did you think? Did I look like I was doing Zumba?" I asked.

"Gosh. You and your childish behavior." She said shaking her head. I chuckled. Trust me, you will have to handle me no matter what. And whatever this is, it's going to last for a long time.

I thought of puling her by her wrist but her hands were shoved in her pocket. I will change this too, soon. With no other option left, I started to walk towards the building. As we entered the building, I purposely walked towards my usual spot even though I remembered that I have promised to sit with her.

"Dave." she called me out immediately. I turned around and she pointed towards the empty seat beside her which was exclusively meant for me. I smirked as I went and sat with her.

I went back to test whether she would call me or not. I wanted her to call out my name; to make me sit beside her. Something which she would have otherwise not said.

Everyone was looking at her and like the innocent girl she is, she didn't understand why.

The next period was P.E. We went to change into our P.E uniform. We were the last ones to leave. Needless to say that Zack was beyond pissed and I just pretended to be pissed. Wouldn't want him teasing me again.