Chapter 50 - The Final Fight

____________________________________

Never let your best friends feel lonely. Keep disturbing them.

____________________________________

--Dave--

4 days later.

It's been four fucking days since my girl is missing.

Its all my fault.

And we are not able to do a thing about it.

The minute I received the call, we traced it. However by the time we reached there, the location had been changed. I got many phone calls and videos from him. After watching the videos, I have been having nightmares.

Nightmares in which she was dead and her pale body was lying on the concrete.

Nightmares where she was being pulled away from me.

I barely sleep because of the stress and when I do, I wake up getting horrified. He sent me a video of her tied to the chair. She had her mouth covered so that she wouldn't be able to scream. I could see that she was trying her best not to scream and give him the satisfaction of hearing her scream in pain but she was failing terribly.

He was whipping Bella with a flogger. She was whimpering and sobbing but there was no one to save her. I felt like getting through the phone and reaching her if I could but I know I can't. There were also videos of him heating a knife and pressing it against her hand. There was one video which shattered my heart.

I saw my Bella being tied to the chair, the ropes cutting her delicate skin in a painful manner. All her eye makeup was smudged due to continuous tears which doesn't seem to cease. There was an eerie silence in the air and she was looking everywhere but the camera.

I heard footsteps coming towards her and then his wrinkled face came in front of the camera. He smiled, showing his awfully dirty teeth. He then headed towards Bella who was trying to shift in her chair, trying to get away from him even though she knows that she can't.

He removed the piece of cloth from her mouth and she took a deep breath almost immediately. He grabbed a fistful of her hair and pulled it back before grabbing a glass of water from a table nearby. I could guess that the water was boiling hot from the steam coming out of it. Bella's eyes widened as he poured it on her skin. She clenched her fist and tried to control her scream.

"Do you see that? This is what is called satisfaction. Seeing the person suffer who made your life miserable." He said as he faced the camera. He walked behind her so that they both were facing the camera.

He pulled her hair from behind and ordered, "Tell him to come here. Tell him the address. Come on." Bella just looked at the camera with no emotions.

"Tell him the address, you bitch. Beg him to come here." He shouted and she flinched.

"Can't you see? He will not come for me. I hate him. He hates me. There is nothing left between us. I told you this befo-" and before she could even finish her sentence he whipped her back. She whimpered but managed to hold her head. I don't know why she thinks that I hate her when she clearly knows that I love her more than I love myself.

"Say it other wise you will get more of this," he said and whipped her again. She looked at the camera again with tired eyes.

"Don't you dare come here. I don't want you any where near me. I can tolerate this but I can't tolerate your presence around me. I hate you." She shouted and that did it. It flared up Owen's anger and he started hitting her until she passed out.

I had watched the video over ten times now. The fact that she would rather have herself tortured than meet me is devastating. I have been blaming myself for everything Bella is going through. She wouldn't have been going through it if it wasn't for me kicking her out.

If. Only and only if.

I have been locked up in my room from the morning. Right now, I am playing with a stress ball. It doesn't help.

My mom knocked on the door and came in without asking

My mom knocked on the door and came in without asking. I was sitting on the floor, leaning against the bedside. She came and sat beside me on the floor.

"Did you get a call?"

I shook my head.

"Do you want to eat? I made sandwiches."

I shook my head. Sandwiches remind me of Bella. That was the last thing she made for me.

"You should start going to school. It's been almost a week since you-"

I shook my head again.

"Dave Anderson!" my mom shouted. "Will you try to act strong. We are all trying our best to find her. You siting here or not is not going to change a fucking thing. Will you-"

"I WON'T. I CAN'T." I shouted. "I am not capable of doing what you are telling me to. I can't get my head out of it when I know it was my fault. I have always claimed to love her yet I let this happen to her. I am a pathetic loser. I don't deserve her. I don't deserve her love. Every time I see her in the videos getting hurt...." I sniffed and lifted my sleeves up.

I showed her the cut marks I made with a blade. My mom gasped as soon as she saw them.

"When she got hurt, I tried to hurt myself too. I thought it would make me feel better. But I fucking don't because I am aware that the pain she is going through is worse. God gave me a second chance in love and I messed it up. You were right, I always mess things up. Dad was right. I am an asshole." I started to rant again.

"Sh. Sh, no more. You deserve her. No one can love her as much as you do. It's okay. She will come back. The police are doing everything they can." My mother hugged me and gave me sympathy.

"I can do anything to save her. I can't believe the last thing we did was fight. I want to apologize to her. I can give away my life for her." I spent the rest of the night resting my head on my mother's lap. This is the only place where I feel secure. Well, there is Bella too, but right now she is not here.

Morning came and I got another call from an unknown number. He manages to change his number every time he calls and then change his location. So far I have got two calls and every time we went to that location, there was blood on the floor and sign that they were here but not anymore.

I picked the call up, only to hear someone whimpering in the background.

My Bella.