CH 3 - Father's Concern

“Jung!” The Emperor called.

A man in black robe appears in front of the Emperor from out of nowhere. He just stood there quietly. Currently there is no single person in the room except the Emperor and him.

“That old geezer acting like a mother hen. This King knows he is reluctant to be This King’s in law. How audacious!” The Emperor’s face distorted.

“He is protective. Your Majesty is aware how dark the palace is.” Jung speaks. The Emperor sighs.

“Of course I am aware. But, I want Jimin to be my son-in-law so much. He is so gracious, talented, brilliant and virtuous too. I don’t care about his eye colour. This King thinks that it is the most charming thing he had. This King really wants to be selfish and force him to marry my children.” The Emperor clenched his fist on the table. Jung just kept silent.

“Jung, if he is willing to be my son-in-law, who do you think is suitable for him? A perfect partner for him?” The Emperor asked.

“This servant has no comment. Your Majesty knows better in your heart who is the right one to him.” Jung’s head still lowered down.

“Right, I do! But, that son of mine is too ferocious. Jimin might be afraid of him and run away from him.” The Emperor scoffed.

“Your Majesty will never know. Someone actually maybe had him in his palm already.” Jung replies mysteriously. The Emperor raises his eyebrows.

“What do you mean? You know something?” The Emperor is excited.

“He is helping him in secret for a while now. This servant saw his man going back and forth to Prime Minister Park’s estate. As far as this servant knows, Park Jimin is currently researching poisons to find a cure for his condition.” Jung said again.

The Emperor becomes quiet. After a moment, there is a small smile tugging on his lips before he laughs out heartily. The Emperor is ecstatic and elated.

“That bastard! So sneaky. Alright, if it’s like that! This King can put my heart at ease. This King believed he would always get what he wanted. I can’t wait to hold a grand wedding for them. I wish he toned down his ruthlessness a bit so my future son-in-law will not run away.” The Emperor laughs again.

While the Emperor is in a good mood, at Prime Minister Park’s mansion, there is a gloomy faced man sitting on the chair in front of his ethereal beauty of son.

“Father, why are you looking so bad? What’s bothering your mind?” Jimin asked his father, concerned.

Park Sungjae stares at Jimin’s face deeply, making Jimin’s face flushed. His father’s gaze makes his heart race because of anxiousness. Prime Minister Park inhaled a deep breath and exhaled slowly.

“Jimin, you know father cares and loves you so much, right?” He starts talking. Jimin nodded innocently.

“Father is sure the Emperor wants you to marry his children. Even though he said he won’t force you, father definitely wouldn’t trust his word. He is too attached to you.” Jimin blushed hard when he heard his father’s word.

Yeah, he realized it too that the Emperor adores him.

“Father just concerned. You are my son. To be one of the royal palace members is not that dignified and pretty. The path is dark and the struggles in there are limitless. Father is afraid that you will be harmed and being used by those who have evil intentions.” Park Sungjae frowns, his hand taps Jimin’s palm.

“Son is aware, father! Son didn’t want to join the palace members either. Son has many more things to achieve and didn’t want to be trapped in someone’s gold cage.” Jimin said.

“But, you know we can never disobey His Majesty. Father is worried that we have no choice and way out. You are the next inheritor of Plum Section. Many eyes are on you in the dark. You need someone to protect you.” Park Sungjae uttered again.

Suddenly, Jimin remembered the mysterious person who helped him with his research before. Jimin’s body shuddered. What if that person has bad intentions? Or someone who has an eye on his position as heir of Plum Section? Or is it a trap for him? Jimin is struck with anxiety. He must write a letter for that person, asking him what his real intention is by helping him.

“Jimin? Why are you absent-minded? Father is talking to you.” Prime Minister Park’s words snapped Jimin's thought.

“I am sorry, father! Just thinking about what you said. What is father’s solution?” Jimin asked his father.

“Do you want to be betrothed to the Eldest Son of the State Councillor?” Jimin’s father dropped the question.

Jimin’s breath hitched. Betrothed? His father wants him to marry him with Min Yoongi? Jimin gulped down his saliva. That man...is weird. His face paled.

“You don’t want to? Young Master Min is quite good. According to this father observation, although he is a bit cold, he is a good spouse. Or do you want any daughter from another family?” He asked Jimin straightforwardly.

“Can we solve this without me marrying anyone? Son is not interested in marrying yet.” Jimin pouted.

Looking at his son’s pout, Prime Minister Park sighs again.

“This is the only way that father can think of. If you are still single, the Emperor will make you accept his children sooner than what we can predict. He is the Emperor, very cunning and manipulative. Second, your status is very concerning, you will be exposed to danger anytime. Third, father is already old, I am afraid that I can’t watch over you everytime.” His face solemn. Jimin bits his bottom lip.

“Hmm, son understood! But, I don’t want to marry any girl. They are not suitable for me. Other than that, father can decide. Son will obey.” Jimin answered helplessly.

“Not suitable for you, huh! Just tell father that you are not interested in women, because you feel they are pretentious, superficial and meak, right?” Prime Minister Park laughs teasingly.

“Father...don’t be mean to me!” Jimin said shyly. His father just chuckled before he said again.

“Alright, father will find a way. Go and take a rest. Father will go into my chamber too.” He taps Jimin’s shoulder softly.

“Yes, father! Rest well!” Jimin replies before he bids goodbye and retreats to his room.