CH 22 - Emperor's thoughts

At the Emperor’s chamber.

“What did he do?” The Emperor is resting on his bed.

“Apparently, he silenced them.” Jung said.

“This scoundrel really took revenge for his lover impulsively. How about the people? Did they get frightened a lot?” The Emperor massages his forehead.

“Yes, no one dares to even speak of Park Jimin’s name now!” Jung answered.

The Emperor sighed after drowning in his deep thoughts. Jeongguk is too harsh and violent in handling rude people. But, he kind of agrees with him too. Those who speak ill about his future Prince Consort deserve to be punished.
The Emperor then gets up from his bed, walks to his study hall. He picks a brush and writes on the paper gracefully before he stamps it with the Emperor’s stamp decisively. He takes a look again, reading what he had just written and nodded satisfyingly.

“That boy is too slow, this King can’t wait anymore! Let’s marry them as soon as possible!” The Emperor laughs loudly.

“But, won’t the Third Highness be mad? After all, it’s his own marriage!” Jung quietly uttered.

The Emperor knows what is in Jung’s mind and what he actually meant. Jeongguk didn’t like people to dictate him nor intercept his plan.

However, he is more than sure his rebellious son will agree with him with this decision.
Although Jeongguk will be angry at him, the Emperor didn’t care. He can just let him be mad at him. What he is plotting right now will be implicating both Jeongguk and Jimin if they don't join force immediately.

So, let him be the bad one just for the sake of his son’s happiness.

“Mad or not, he will agree with me!” The Emperor smirked.

Jung has a guts that His Highness Third Prince will not like the Emperor to do this. But, who is he? Only a personal guard of the Emperor. He didn’t dare to speak about his opinion. He is only a nobody.

“Jung, any noises at that side?” The Emperor’s tone suddenly became serious.

Jung perfectly understood the Emperor’s inquiry. He immediately replied.

“Yes, he is delighted and has spent time at the brothel for a few nights already! But, the other one seems unbothered and continues his routines like usual!” Jung answered.

“That fool is too gullible! Just because the General throws him a few praises here and there, he is already on the moon, neglecting his official duties. He doesn’t show any remorse nor effort to prove that he is worthy to be the Crown Prince! Humiliating! If not because he is the son of my Empress, I would repudiate him from his status without a second thought!” The Emperor is angry again.
Jung only stays quiet where he stands. After calming down himself, the Emperor speaks again.

“What did the Fourth Prince do recently?”

“He had been seen having a quick talk with the Third Highness a few weeks ago and after that, he kept himself busy with physical training, studies and cultivating his subordinates.” Jung said.

“Great! This one is very good at keeping his composure. His own harem also had only a few and he didn’t indulge with wild pleasures. Good, very good! But, this King knows that Jeongguk is the one who is guiding him behind. It’s fascinating to see how a cold blooded person like the Third Prince is willing to be on his side. That means, Jeon Jiwoo is a capable and not a simple person.” The Emperor smiles.

“Your Majesty means…” Jung didn’t dare to finish his words.

The Emperor didn’t speak more either. He has to observe them more to make the final decision. Last night, the Empress already expressed her thoughts about her own son. She knows better what word to choose and what action she needs to take. The Emperor chuckled before he dismissed everyone in his palace.