CH 24 - Preparing for the wedding

Jimin ended up crying all night on his bed until he fell asleep because of exhaustion. When he woke up in the morning, his face blotched and his eyes were swollen so much. He missed Jeongoo already and he is back in despair.

After that, Jeongoo comes less and less. Jimin is heartbroken but it made him relieved because he didn’t have to deal with facing Jeongoo anymore. He cannot control himself and this may be the best outcome after all.

A few nights ago, Jimin told Jeongoo that he’s already a fiance to a prince and he cannot accept Jeongoo’s sneak in his room at night anymore to preserve his reputation. He said in a subtle way that he doesn’t want to meet with him often anymore.

Jeongoo is clever and considerate. He no doubt understands his meaning. Jimin is determined to cut off his relationship with Jeongoo. He wants them to be friends but Jimin is sure he, himself, will never be able to hold himself back.

It’s better to be apart from each other. That way, Jimin can slowly forget about his love towards him. It was painful but Jimin didn’t want to betray his future husband.

No matter how bad people say about the Third Prince, Jimin will stay loyal to him when they are married. He hopes that his life will not be so terrible in the future. He earnestly prayed for that.

               *  *  *  *  *

It’s already the middle of the month and Jimin slowly accepted his fate. In another week and a half, he will be a husband to the Third Prince. His mansion is now filled with thousands of betrothal gifts just as Jimin expected.

The Third Prince is so generous and won’t settle less than anyone. Jimin takes a look at the betrothal gifts in front of him, finger tracing over them delicately.

There are clothes, jewels, jewelry, books, antics, ceramics, cosmetics, land deeds and many more that Jimin didn’t know if he will ever use it anyway. Mostly, gifts are just for keepsake and assets and he appreciates it nevertheless.

“Young Master, the Third Prince really likes you! Look at so many things he had sent to you!” Dan, Jimin’s personal attendant said with excitement.

Jimin just smiles, not in a mood to answer. His maid then shut her mouth, afraid she would offend her Young Master.

Jimin’s wedding outfits will be sent tomorrow but he didn’t feel eager to wear them. The tradition is, wedding outfits will be prepared by the groom which is from the Third Prince’s side.

However, Jimin is a tiny little bit curious on how his wedding attire will be picked by the Third Prince. Only a little, alright?

          *  *  *  *  *

“Is he still angry with me?” The Emperor asked, his eyes filled with forlorn.

“Your Majesty…” Jung bowed his head.

“It’s okay! It’s my fault that I went overboard. I thought doing this would make him happy but it made him hate me more. It just hurt me that he thought so low of me about how his mother died.” The Emperor sighed.

“Why didn’t Your Majesty tell him the truth?” Jung asked politely.

“It’s a promise between me and her. His mother was the one who asked me to keep the truth from him. How can I tell him that his mother is the one who wanted to ‘die’?” The Emperor said.

“That day, she begged me earnestly so I had no choice other than to consent to her request. I love her too much to not let her go.” The Emperor reminisces about the past.

“The Third Prince will not resent you anymore if he knows the truth.” Jung gave his opinion.

“Indeed! But, it’s not the time to reveal the truth yet. I just need to swallow down his hatred for now anyway.” He chuckles but with sadness.

         *  *  *  *  *

“My Lord, are you just gonna watch him from afar?” Yoongi asked.

Jeongguk is standing outside of Jimin’s mansion gate, watching it for a long time. He didn’t answer Yoongi’s question. Nowadays, he doesn't come to meet Jimin anymore because he can sense how uncomfortable Jimin is towards him.

After the silver haired man told him about his betrothal, he subtly asked for ‘Jeongoo’ to stop coming to see him. Jeongguk wants to tell the truth but every time he stucked. He didn’t know why it was so hard to be honest.

At last, he can only watch Jimin from afar, not wanting to disturb the beautiful man anymore. He misses their night chattings, laughs and flirts. But, he decided that he will compensate for those painful times being apart after they got married.

He will do anything to attain Jimin’s forgiveness and will pamper him to the moon. Looking at how loyal Jimin is towards his future husband, Jeongguk can’t help but be amazed by his personality.

Of course Jeongguk noticed their sparks when they were together. He is aware of Jimin’s feelings towards Jeongoo and that’s the reason why he suddenly wanted to slowly cut off their meetings. Jimin is having a hard time to forget about their intimacy because he will be a husband to the Third Prince.

When he asked Jimin about the Third Prince on their last meeting, on purpose criticizing Jeon Jeongguk for being a beast and evil prince, Jimin snapped at him. He said that no matter what people called him, Jimin will not treat his husband like that.

Jimin said, although he didn’t know his face, his true personality or anything good about the Third Prince, since he will be his Prince Consort, Jimin will not betray him. It’s his destiny and Jimin will accept it.

That makes Jeongguk stunned by his way of thinking. Jimin is extraordinary and pure. Even though he is hurting, he is one who will sacrifice himself to make others happy. Jeongguk promised to himself that he will never let Jimin go.

“Let’s go back!” Jeongguk quietly said. Yoongi nodded and both of them disappeared in the dark night.