CH 28 - Bamboo Garden

When they arrived at the palace, Jeongguk was the first to get off from the carriage. He then stretched his hand to help Jimin get down gently. Jimin smiles at his husband’s attentiveness and gentleness.

They walk together to the palace court, followed by Yoongi according to the protocol. A few palace servants who saw them immediately pay their respect to the Third Prince and his newly appointed Prince Consort.

“Greetings to Your Highness, Prince Consort!” They all said syncily.

Jeongguk just nodded, his face stern, not the same when he was facing Jimin. Jimin feels his heart warms. He smiles at the palace servants and curts a little bit. The servants who took a glance at Jimin, were awestruck because Park Jimin’s beauty is heavenly.

But, they know their place so they go back to bowing their heads, only praising Jimin in their heart excessively. Most of them didn’t have a chance to meet with Jimin because he didn’t enter the palace often and was always protected by his father and man.

Today, they finally caught a glimpse of the heavenly being Park Jimin, as they thought. Some of them even fall in love at the first sight of him. Too bad, Jimin is on high status and he’s already a husband to the most powerful His Highness Third Prince.

While Park Jimin is being admired by the servants from afar, Jeongguk and Jimin were already in front of His Majesty, the Emperor. Both of them greeted the Emperor and the Empress who sat beside him on the throne.

At the left side of where both of them were standing, His Highness Fourth Prince and his consort were sitting at the table, a smile adorning their faces. On the right side, sitting the Crown Prince with his annoyed face and his Crown Princess with a graceful smile.

“Rise! Both of you are newlyweds, no need to be so formal!” The Emperor said.

Jeongguk and Jimin thanked the Emperor. The Empress bestowed Jimin a bolt of high quality brocade and a pair of matched pendant for both Jeongguk and Jimin as their wedding gift. She wishes them for a blessed marriage and harmony.

The Emperor also bestowed some gifts to Jeongguk and Jimin. Both bowed down to the Emperor, being thankful for his bestowments.

“Tonight, a banquet will be held in the palace in celebration of your wedding! This King already prepared everything so both of you just enjoy it. For tomorrow, will be a day for Jimin to be conferred as the official Prince Consort. Your title will also be announced tomorrow.” The Emperor is in a good mood.

“Many thanks to your Majesty!” Jimin and Jeongguk answered in sync.

“Congratulations, Royal Brother, Brother in-law!” The fourth prince said.

“This King hopes both of you will always adore and love each other eternally. You both should be released now. This King won’t hold you any longer!” The Emperor said, permitting them to end their morning greetings.

After bidding their goodbye, Jimin and Jeongguk left the palace but before going home, Jeongguk brought his husband to a place.

“Wah, this place is so beautiful!” Jimin was so astonished.

The place that Jeongguk brought him to is a bamboo garden. He held Jimin’s hand, pulling him gently to admire the fresh view. There is also a lake inside the bamboo garden and a pavilion near the lake.

Jimin’s face is bright and he looks so happy. Jeongguk can’t help but smile too, looking at his husband fondly. Jimin’s eyes glimmering with joy, nose smelling the bamboo fragrance. Jimin is always a botanical enthusiast and loves being in nature so much.

Jeongguk invites Jimin to take a seat at the pavilion. Jimin saw that there’s a table filled with drinks and some dessert. Ah, Jeongguk must have already prepared them before they arrived. Jimin’s heart bubbles with so much love and gratitude towards his husband.

“Did you like it, baby?” Jeongguk asked.

“Husband, thank you for bringing me here! I love it so much!” Jimin kissed the Third Prince’s cheeks and blushed.

Jeongguk smirked with his husband’s bold action but he of course enjoyed it a little too much. He then kissed Jimin’s head before hugging him from behind, admiring the view of the lake in front of them.

“What is this place?” Jimin is curious.

“This is the place where my mother and I spend time together, especially on my birthday. At that time, Father Emperor was very lenient and gave us permission to be here anytime we want. All the bamboo you see here, most of it planted by my mother’s own hand. She’s always a bamboo and green lover.” Jeongguk smiles while talking about his mother.

“Then, this place must be so close to your heart, right! Mother would be happy that you are here.” Jimin rested his head on Jeongguk’s shoulder, hands tangling with each other.

“It is! To share this beautiful and memorable place with you, I have no regrets! I love you, Park Jimin! If mother is still alive, she will be so happy to have you as her son-in-law. The most enchanting human being in the entire world.” Jeongguk kisses Jimin’s hand.

Jimin didn’t reply but his heart warms with love. They spent time there for quite some time, chatting, teasing each other, laughing and sharing a few kisses here and there, happily being in each other’s embrace.

                  *. *. *. *. *

“Your Highness, His Highness looks so happy!” An old woman said.

“Yes, he indeed looks so happy!” A beautiful woman, black long silky hair, fair skin, lips pink like a pomegranate and eyes pretty like an immortal answered.

She is standing not far from where the couple sit, watching them with a goddess-like smile. It’s been so long she hasn't seen him, her heart tightened. Now, he is with the love of his life, she is already satisfied.

She wishes for both of them to always stay together not until the end of the world but every reincarnation. She descends down here just to make sure that he is living his life earnestly. She will protect them and their love from above.

She watched them for a while again before she and the old woman beside her disappeared. The bamboo leaves move as the wind blows. The bamboo gardens then turn back to normal, looking serene as if no one ever comes there at all.