CH 31 - Deteriorating Health

At the Third Prince’s Mansion

Jeongguk just finished listening to Yoongi’s report of the day when he decided to visit his husband at his workroom where Jimin was studying about poisons and medicines. Jimin always forgot to eat when he was too immersed in his studies and it made Jeongguk worried.

He sneaked into the room and saw Jimin producing an elixir with very delicate actions. Jimin smoothly mixes the concoction that he brewed before he poured it in the bottle. Jimin’s shining eyes when he is doing what he loves makes Jeongguk become more and more charmed by him.

Jeongguk slowly and carefully circled his hands on Jimin’s waist, giving him a peck on his temple with affection. Jimin gasped with his husband’s sudden affection but he then giggled. It must already be dinner time if his husband comes and finds him all the way here. Jimin admits that he is so absorbed in his studies that he didn’t even think about food.

“My love, it is already dinner time! You should fill your lonely stomach, now! It must be so hungry because its owner is ignorant about it!” Jeongguk caressed Jimin’s belly.

Jimin laughs, his voice crisp and sounds so lovely to Jeongguk’s ears. He will never be bored of his husband’s laughing and giggles. Jimin is happy because Jeongguk dotes on him so much and takes good care of him ever since he lives in the mansion.

“Alright, husband! Let me finish filling this up and then we can go and eat dinner together!” Jimin said, tilted his head a bit to level his eyes with Jeongguk.

“Okay, Your Highness! This servant will wait for you patiently!” Jeongguk kissed Jimin’s cheeks and took a seat near him.

Jimin smiles before he continues doing his work, finishing it so he can accompany his husband soon. Jimin is very careful with his poison’s making that he usually turns it into a very useful medicine. Jeongguk can’t help but be proud of his husband’s skill and talent.

After he was done, Jimin tidied up all of his materials on the table neatly so there wouldn't be any mishaps later. Poisons are dangerous and can be very problematic if he didn’t treat it with care. He then joined hands with Jeongguk and went to their dining hall for a noon meal.

While eating, Jeongguk will sometimes tease Jimin so he can eat with a good mood. Jimin is easy to be giggly and pleased.

“My dear, do you still want to cure your eyes? I mean, I already love it so much so I didn’t want you to be unhappy with it.” Jeongguk said.

Jimin slowed down his chewing on food and lowered down his head. To be honest, after everyday being pampered by Jeongguk, praised by him all the time, Jimin almost forgot about his only one imperfection.

But, even if he accepted his condition with no cure, Jimin didn’t want to be in uncertainty. Jimin wants his body to be healthy and free from the poison. He didn’t know if the poison would impact his body in the future.

There is something that Jimin didn’t tell Jeongguk yet. That is, he can feel his organs deteriorating because there are a few times Jimin loses his grip when he holds something. It’s not just about his eyes now, it seems like the poison is slowly breaking his inside.

For almost 20 years he lived, he never had any issues about his health except his different eye colours. But, Jimin noticed how lately he always feels lethargic and suddenly loses grip when he is holding an object in his hand. His wrist didn’t feel hurt but just losing the nerves and Jimin is in worry.

His legs also suddenly gave out out of nowhere even though he didn't feel any discomfort or feeling tired at all. Dan, his loyal personal attendant, spoke to him, feeling uneasy with Jimin’s on and off condition.