CH 26 - The truth unraveled

Without opening his veil, Jimin accepted some drinks from the guests as a polite gesture. He also had a few chats with them even though he can’t see their faces. The guests everytime they want to talk to him, they will introduce themselves so Jimin knows who he is talking to.

Jimin’s stomach suddenly grumbled, and His Highness heard them. Jimin’s face turns red but no one can see that.

“Go take a rest in the room! You must be tired and hungry! I'll send someone to serve food to you!” Jimin heard His Highness’s deep voice.

It sends chills to his bones but Jimin is drawn by it nonetheless. So charming.

Jimin was brought to his bridal chamber, assisted by His Highness’s head servant and Dan. They made him sit on the bed, waiting for his husband’s arrival. He still cannot open his covered face until his husband veils him off. What a hassle but Jimin stayed composed in his position.

The Head Servant of the Third Prince’s Mansion called Miyeon told him His Highness’s name after Jimin asked for it. His husband’s name is Jeon Jeongguk and Jimin feels so attached to that name. His heart tingles hearing the Third Prince’s name.

Why? He doesn't have any knowledge about it. His husband is currently entertaining guests for their wedding. A normal wedding celebration usually lasts for two days. A day for ceremony and the next day for entertainment which means a banquet and performances.

Because Jeon Jeongguk is a prince, the celebrations are doubled. It will be a three days celebration. Jimin is already tired thinking about that. He didn’t know if he could go through the third day.

His meal is served on the table, and Jimin is so hungry. So he picked up his chopstick and started eating the dishes deliciously. Because he had to eat, he opened his veil for a while. Nobody can enter the chamber without permission so Jimin can reveal his face freely.
Miyeon who saw Jimin’s face is starstrucked. He looks so magnificent and alluring. She immediately lowered her eyes because a servant cannot stare at their master’s eyes or it will be called disrespectful. She admits that only His Highness Third Prince is suited with Jimin.

After Jimin finished his meal, he said thanks to the servants who served him food. He smiles satisfyingly as he is already full. He then sits back on the bed, puts on back his face cover, before Jeongguk lifts it up.

He waited for a few hours when the sky turned dark blue. It means, night has already shown off. Jimin almost dozed off a few times during those hours but he succeeded in keeping his body composure.

The gong has already been hit, a sign that the sun has gone down. Now, Jimin is starting to feel nervous again because it will be his first night with his official husband. He wonders how his husband looks and is he the same as what people called him.

Jimin suddenly remembered Jeongguk’s deep voice just now. It’s almost similar to Jeongoo but more deep and husky. Jimin slapped himself. How can he keep comparing them again? What a bad husband he is!

“Retreat!” Jimin’s body stiffened.

That was his husband’s right? He heard a few footsteps going out from the room, that means it will be only him and the prince now. The silver-haired man starts having cold sweat. The time has come when he will finally see his husband’s face.

Jimin feels the bed dipped beside him. He also can feel the warmth of a human sitting beside him. Jimin smells his husband’s fragrance of mugwort.

‘Wait, mugwort?’ Jimin creased his eyebrows.
Jimin is in deep thought when the Third Prince speaks.

“Can I open your veil now, dearest?” Jimin gulped before he nodded slowly.

When Jimin’s veil is lifted, his eyes stare straight into his husband’s eyes. Jimin gasped. His face paled and he was so shocked that he even forgot how to blink.