CH 5 - Crown Prince

The Crown Prince is busy preparing for his trip to the South City. He feels giddy and exhilarated that he got a chance to show his skill. Since his birth, he is pampered by his mother, the Empress and never understands the struggles of civilians. All the things he wants, he always got it and boasted it all around.

You can say that he is arrogant, full of himself and possessive. He also likes pretty things. He has so many concubines in his harem and always indulges in pleasure, making his Crown Princess chewing her heart in silence. He never treats her well and favours other women often.

But, since she is already tied the knot with him, she can only hold herself virtuously and perfect her duty as the Crown Princess. Fortunately, she got to give birth to a son and that was the reason she still stayed in her position.

"This consort already packed your clothes for the trip. Please, take care of yourself, Your Highness!" The Crown Princess said. Her eyes are on the floor, not willing to even look at him. She despises him.

"This King appreciates. While I'm not here, you take care of the mansion and don't make any trouble. Make sure to keep this household harmony." The Crown Prince straightens his robe and smirks.

"Yes, this Consort will abide by your words!" She answered softly and politely. He never knows that his own wife loathes him and all of his concubines to the bone.

Then, Crown Prince Jungwon with his fellow royal guards departed to the South City, heart filled with eagerness.
He thought the riot was only a small thing and he is sure that he can appease them with his speech skills.

He didn't know that his simple and naive thought back-fired him.
Just when he is about to use his diplomatic skills, the rioters beat him, disregard his position and claim him to give them more rice. Rice are their most essential source of foods and very important for them to live well.
It has been quite a long time, they can't eat rice and only eat water. South City is not very rich with their harvest. Their soil is not very fertile because of lack of good water drainage and the farmers also didn't have enough knowledge how to plant well nor manage the farm.

Most merchants also always distorted their money and cheated on them. There are too many officials that take bribes and oppress the poor civilians. When the people finally realize that their life is threatened and low chance of survival, they start to riot. They want the monarch to look at their problem and pull them out from their misery.

Too bad, the Crown Prince who never experienced the struggles and hardship, will never understand the people's feelings. When they heard how arrogant he sounds, they loathed him and threw him rotten vegetables and shits.

They demanded him to stop talking and give them rice. The Crown Prince was hurt by the villagers and hiding in his temporary home, afraid he would be attacked again and stay there to recuperate.

"He hides in his cocoon? So weak and useless! This country and the people do not need a coward and idiot like him as their ruler." His Highness Third Prince shakes his head slowly while caressing his pet's fur.

"Are we just watching them or sending help?" Yoongi asked.

"This King didn't feel like interfering. However, people in there can't be left just like that." He mumblings.

"Then, do My Lord have any idea?" Yoongi asked again.

"Send a letter to Fourth Brother. Let him think about the solution. This King only knows how to play with sword and blood, lazy to think about others." The Lord said.

"Yes, My Lord!" Min Yoongi bowed his head.

"Also, has Sun Yi back yet? How about his searching on Three-Leaf Crystal?" Jeongguk asked.