CH 20 - Another gifts

Young Master, the sun is already up! Please wake up, we have prepared water for you to wash up!” Jimin groans as he hears his servant call for him outside of his chamber’s door.

“Yes, please come in!” Jimin gets up from his bed, rubs his eyes and stretches his limbs.

His servants come into his room and immediately put a basin of water for him to wash his face. After he finishes washing his face, Jimin walks to the bathroom and soaks himself in the bathtub that his servant had prepared for him.

Once he is ready, wearing his silk robe, he eats his breakfast. He is feeling very good today and is in good spirits to continue studying.

Tonight, he will go out with Jeongoo and he can’t wait for it to come. While he was drinking tea, a servant knocked on the door.

“Young Master, can this servant have an audience with you?” Shi, Park Mansion’s First Attendant asked to face him.

First Attendant means the Head Servant of the mansion. If she wants an audience with Jimin, it means there must be something important for her to tell him. Jimin allows her to come in and she comes in, bringing two of her Junior Attendants.

On the hands of the two Junior Attendants, there are two boxes in each of their hands. Jimin frowns. But, his gaze on Shi, waiting for her to speak.

“Forgive this servant for disturbing Young Master’s breakfast. This servant is here to present you gifts that were given by His Highness Third Prince just now. Please, take a look at it!” Shi said while bowing his head.

“Gifts again? How many gifts does he want to give me?” Jimin pinches his nose bridge.

He already forgot about the Third Prince courting him. This is already the fourth time he had sent him the gifts since two months ago. But, not once did he come to meet Jimin face to face. Does he think Jimin will fall for him just by sending those gifts?

Jimin sighed. He can’t reject the gifts because it will be disrespectful to the Royals. But, he doesn’t want to accept it either because it will make people think he wants to marry the Third Prince. He knows well in his heart where his heart belongs.

Jimin inspected the gifts and gasped. Those gifts are really beautiful and precious. A set of Jade Jewelries and Jimin loves it so much. The Third Prince has quite a taste for gifting those gifts. Jimin traced all the jewellery with the tips of his fingers carefully.

“Put it in the storeroom carefully! Don’t scratch it or ruin it!” Jimin said and the servants immediately obeyed.

“Young Master, you like those gifts, right? Why are you frowning again?” Dan, Jimin’s personal attendant asked.

“I like it, but something just is not so easy to accept, Dan-ah!” Jimin smiles but does not reach his eyes. Dan is confused, but she knows more to keep quiet rather than being a busybody.