CH 14 - Took fancy on him

The next day, Park’s Mansion is bustling with multiple chests of treasures and gifts. Jimin is puzzled so he asks the servants about the sender. All the servants smile at him and it makes him become more curious.

“Young Master, all of these gifts were sent by His Highness, the Third Prince! He said, it is a courting gift to you. He wants to pursue you, Young Master!” The head servant said.

Jimin is in awe. His mouth opened but then he gulped down. What in the world just happened? All of these chests are just courting gifts? He can’t even imagine how much it will be if it is for betrothal gifts. It will be massive.

Jimin is feeling guilty. He knows he has someone in his heart already but, the way the Third Highness courts him, it makes him feel uncomfortable. He sighed. Jimin saw his father enter the mansion.

Prime Minister Park looks at all the gifts with a frown. Jimin can sense that his father wasn't quite happy with it or he looked troubled. His father must have just got back from the palace.

“Father!” Jimin calls.

Prime Minister Park turns his head to Jimin. He stares at him before he lets out a deep sigh. He walks towards Jimin and brings him to take a seat on the chair. Jimin follows quietly.

“This time, father didn’t think I could help you, son!” Park Sungjae uttered.

“What do you mean, father?” Jimin asked.

“It’s official that His Highness, the Third Prince took a fancy on you and it seems like the Emperor agrees with it. He gave me hints just now at the court. We all know that the Third Prince is ruthless and he will never compromise with others. If he likes you, then he will make sure that you will be his. Father is having anxiety about this.” The Prime Minister’s face dimmed.

Jimin bits his under lip. He already guessed it anyway. Everyday, he heard people talk about the cruel, blood-thirsty prince that caused fear to people.

However, Jimin never once met him and he refused to believe just the rumors.

But then, marriage is a big thing for him and he didn’t wish to just marry anyone. He is just confused, how the hell did the Third Prince become interested in him? Like him enough that he is willing to court him? A mighty prince spending his treasures just to court him?
Jimin didn’t understand but he had no choice.

Looking at his father’s gloomy face, Jimin knows he can’t get out of this marriage anytime soon. Although it hasn't been decided that Jimin will marry the Third Prince, courting gifts are enough to prove the prince’s seriousness.

He can just now wait for the official decree from the Emperor. By the way, His Majesty is hinting at his father at the court today, the decree will be sent sooner than they expected. Jimin is helpless.

If this is his destiny, then the mysterious man that caught his heart, he has to forget him as soon as possible. If only the mysterious helper is the Third Prince, Jimin will be glad but it won’t be as easy like that, right? There’s no way ‘he’ is him.

Jimin’s eyes were teary but he didn’t want his father to worry anymore so he said.

“Father, rest assured! This son had decided to just accept the fate. If I am really destined to be in the royal family, then there’s nothing we can do. Son will just obey and live my life as always. It will be tough, but I know father will always back me up, right?”

“Jimin, my precious son! Whatever happens, remember that father will always be there for you! Your mother will guide you from heaven. Father loves you so much!” Prime Minister Park hugged Jimin tight.

When Jimin was resting on his bed that night, his mind kept thinking about the mysterious man. He couldn't sleep and kept tossing his body around. He then gets up from his lying position and takes out two boxes that contain a pair of Three-Leaf Crystal.

“It’s not easy to get this, but you gave it to me! Who are you? You must be someone powerful, if not how can you take this flower?” Jimin whispered.

“Indeed. It’s not easy but not a problem for me!” A voice said, making Jimin flinch with fear.

He turns around and finds the red robe man who helped him before, sitting at Jimin’s dining table. Jimin is shocked and his heart palpitates very fast. His eyes only stare at the red robe man, stunned.