Chapter 10- Lunch Date

My mom and brothers got back about ten minutes after Q came. Now for the hard part. Introducing them. I hate this part.

"Hello, you must be Mrs. Harper. I'm so sorry about your husband." Q glanced down for a second and looked back at eye level with her.

"Hello! How are you?" My mom must have had some idea this was Q.

"I'm doing fine, and yourself?"

My mom also glanced down at the machines and the bed.

"I could do better to be honest with you..."

Q bowed his head and shook up and down in understanding.

"You must be Brian."

Tyler was starting to walk closer to him as Kyle stayed in the doorway.

"Yes, I am. And you must be Tyler."

He shook his head a firm yes, and Q instantly had relief to his face.

"Kyle," I started but he wouldn't move, "come say hi to Brian, don't be rude."

He walked toward him and shook his hand. He then sat down where the two chairs where me and Q by the bed and stared up like a deer in headlights.

"Mom," she looked down to me from Q, "me and Brian are going for lunch."

"Ok, just make sure to be back."

"I will."

We walked out to the parking lot, where Q's BMW was parked right next to mine. We both had a five series, but mine was a metallic red and his was blue.

"Nice car!"

I smirked, knowing he would appreciate the corniness of the joke.

"Thank you!"

His smile was to die for.

He opened the passenger door and motioned me in.

"Where we going?"

"Oh, I have somewhere in mind. I'll know you'll love it."

His voice was so cute he could have said the dumpster and I would have been ok with it.

"I'm excited now."

When we got out of the car, I saw that it was Kat's deli. My favorite. All of a sudden, I hear a familiar voice and then a laugh. Then, a body fell to the ground. Oh boy.

"Q, is that Joe and Sal?"

Q spun around to find Sal getting up from the ground, brushing himself off as Joe continued to put his nose on a child's hat.

"Crap. We were supposed to film today, but I told them I was sick! They can't see me."

"Or we could just say that you were being sweet and taking me out."

I was starting to get irritated. Why did he have to hide our relationship? Couldn't they just be happy for us?

"Babe, I understand. I don't like this either, but they're getting pissed we haven't been shooting lately."

"So what?! My dad is in the hospital! You can help me out by just taking me out for lunch! You don't think they wouldn't understand that?!"

I could tell they saw me by now, because I felt a lot more than Q's eyes on me.