Chapter 18- The Play Help

Sorry I haven't wrote in a while... I was coming up with a plot twist lol
-------------------
*Q's POV*

It was about 9, I decided to go out to breakfast with Sal.

"Hey man, I was thinking about ideas for the new episode of What Say You..."

I wasn't really paying attention. All I was thinking was how Rachel was at her job with her mean old boss, and I'm here having breakfast with my friend.

"So... What do you think?" Sal was staring directly at me.

"Huh? Yeah. That's great."

"Listen, I love Rachel, she's sweeter than pie."

"Watch it." I was staring him straight in the eyes.

"You know what I mean. But, I don't want this to affect the podcast, and especially the show."

"Sal, I get it. It won't, Ok? I just really screwed up the last time. I don't want it to happened again. I really like her, where things between us are going."

Sal started to smile, he always loved love for some reason.

"How's the boyfriend, Sal?"

He chuckled and lightly kicked me under the table. All of a sudden, as Sal was taking forever to order, I got a text from Rachel.

From: Rachel
Do me a favor?

From: Me
Anything.

From: Rachel
Can you feed the cat and dogs when you have a chance plz?

From: Me
Sure

Once we finished eating, it was around 10:30. Of course Sal sent his food back three different times, and made sure they were perfectally sanitary.

"Rachel needs me to go by the house and feed her dogs."

"It'll take you at least half and hour to get to her house from here."

"I don't care. She asked me to do it, so I'm doing it."

"Aren't you the best boyfriend!"

I chuckled at that one, but not enough for Sal to be proud of it.

"Okay, well do what you need to, and then I have to leave."

Sal had to go to Zara's and get a fancy shirt for his new suit. It took him about an hour to come to conclusion that its possible he gets two.

"I've gotta go! If Rachel gets there before me she's not going to be very pleased."

"Fine, go."

When I got to the house, Allison had a thick packet in her hand, talking to herself.
"Allison?"

"Hey, Q!" She spoke it with a British Accent.

"What's this?"

Still in her British accent, she continued to sit up straight and respond.

"I'm rehearsing for the theater. I need to train myself to stay in character. Remember, we are professionals. What do I owe you on this fine afternoon?"

"Well, its still 11:50, but Ok. Rachel told me to feed the dogs."

I walked and poured out their dry food, and put the cats food on the counter so the dogs wouldn't eat it.

"Q, darling!" Still speaking in her British accent, Allison motioned me over to the couch.

"Yes?"

"Would you be a doll and practice with me?"

"Sure. What's the play about?"

"Well, this woman comes to America from Britan and she falls in love with a co-worker."

"How... Interesting?"

About ten minutes into it, I was at the scene where Allison's character had called me while I was still in bed, my day off from work. She was expecting my arrival at work, when Rachel called.

"Hello?"

Allison whisper screamed to me, "Stay in character!"

I yawned for effect, and got a thumbs up and a nod. After Rachel talked, I wanted to get this weird rehearsal over with. I rushed off the phone, and went to the kitchen for a little break.

"So, is this what you do for work?'

"No, I wish. I'm a real estate broker. I helped Rachel find this place. She was always drawn to Staten Island for some reason."

"So why do you do this?"

"It's fun, and a nice break from the usual. I just get to be a profesional and fun at the same time."

"Okay, shall we do this? I'm filming soon."

"Sure!"

We were towards the end, of course where they realize their feelings for each other, and the big romantic 'awe' moments come. Then, there was the kissing scene, staring at me.

"Wait! What about Rachel? I can't do this."

"Listen, Q. Your a professional! She'll understand. I promise."

* Rachel's POV*

I opened the door, knowing Q was still here. It was about one, and I just had pizza with Shauntell. The pizza place was about ten minutes from home, so I decided to say hi to the dogs before brainstorming again.

I opened the door, and there it was, Q kissing Allison on the same couch he kissed me.

"What is THIS?" I felt the tears roll down my face. "NEVER AGAIN, Q? REALLY? NEVER?! I can't believe I let you in again and you just take advantage of me! I'm so done."

I was wiping the tears off my face as I was producing more. I had the car key in my hand, and started the engine. I wasn't sure where I was driving to, but I needed to go somewhere that wasn't Allison or my family.

I took a left, a right, two more lefts, and parked the car in the driveway.

I knocked on the door hard enough to break a hole in it.

It opened, perfect. He was here.

"Rachel? What are you doing here? Q isn't he-"

I grabbed his neck with my hand, pulled him in, and kissed him hard. I felt Sal tense at first, and then relax and kiss me back.