Chapter 32- Sightseeing

"Its a good thing you brought her here, Mr. Quinn. Or else she may have made it worst and even infected."

The words were wierd and sounded blurry. All i saw was a white bed sheet and a bunch of tube going in snd out of my body. I blinked and groand a little, moving my head around and blinking. I found my hand was being covered by something.

"Babe?" I looked around to find Q to see the hand was connected to his body.

"Shhhh" he petted my hair with his light stroke, i melted into his hand. "Where am i?"

I looked from my left to my right to see a doctor with a clipboard.

"Am... Am i in the hospital?"

"Yes, Ms. Harper. You are in fact in the ER. Im afraid you had an accident on your board."

"What kind of accident?" Was this a dream? Somebody please wake me up.

"Yes. You passed out from lack of oxegyn. Your board brought you down and your ankle was attatched when a massive wave hit. Im afraid you broke you fibula with a clean fracture and your tibia had a hairline fracture. We had to operate on your fibula. Luckily, your boyfriend brought you here before any other injuries could occur."

"Youve been here for two days. It took them a little bit to get your breathing regular and operate on your leg."

I reached down to my leg to find a cast living just below my knee.

"Thanks for being there for me, babe." I gave Q a light peck on the lips.

"So, when can i go home?" I turned back to the doctor.

"Today."

"Does my mom know?" I turned back to Q.

"Yes. I called her as soon as they diagnosed you. Shes on her way. Shes coming tommorow."

"Okay. Im giving you antibiotics and pain medication twice a day for two months and see how you feel. I reccomend the first two days out the hospital use the weelchair and use the crutches the rest of the time with the cast."

"Thanks, doc."

Q rolled me out of the hospital in my new wheelchair, me frowning as the california sun beat down on my face.

"Cheer up, champ. At least your good and your leg is fine." I winced at the short bursts of pain my leg was giving off.

"This sucks. I wanted to make your first time in california awesome. Now i wont be able to enjoy it with you."

"Not true. Were going sight seeing today because i want you to enjoy la with me." Q lifted me bridal style into the jeep.

"Okay, do you have my crutches? Im not about to walk those streets in a wheelchair."

"Yep. Right here."

We parked about a quarter of a mile from rodeo drive and and we walked into and out of stores enjoying eachothers presence.

"Okay, what about here for lunch?" Q pointed at a nice italian place for lunch, i shrugged and crutched in. My red cast was making my leg hot and painful, and it made me wince even more in pain.

"Awe babe. I know it hurts. I do. Its only for a little."

"Yeah, well." I sat down and put my crutches against the table. Q sat down right next to me on the other side of the square table and kissed my forehead.

After lunch, we walked on rodeo drive and the pain in my leg wae getting worst and worst.

"Babe, i think i should go home and rest my leg."

"Okay, babe." Q picked me up bridal style again and carried my tiny body down the street until the leg pain cleared up the most it could before i started on my crutches again.

When we got home, he carried me out of the jeep, into the living room, and put me on the couch right accross from the TV and put a pillow on the coffee table. He lifted my right leg and placed the crutches on the floor. He then sat next to me and turned on the tv. He put on impractical jokers, knowing it would help with the pain. He got up quickly to get me water and some pain medication and sat even closer to me the second time he sat down.

I layed in his lap, thanking god i had him, especially now. I closed my eyes, and soon found Q drifted off to sleep with me in his lap. I fell asleep soon, also, never feeling safer nor more cared for in my life.