9

CHAPTER NINE: War and Peace

Me and Steve were about to walk out when Wanda stops me.

"Stay safe for me, will you?" She says, tucking a lose strand of hair behind my ear.

"Only for you." I wink at her. She smiles and pecks my lips before running off to find Clint.

I walk over to Cap and we start to walk slowly." So, you and Wanda?"

"Stop, you're nearly as bad as Nat." I complain again like a teenager.

"You're perfect for each other." He grins at me and I roll my eyes. My suit has had a few changes since Lagos. Stark had given me a new one since me other one was "old fashioned" and "outdated" but I did not look like Captain America in my suit, which I was very greatful of.

I had a head crown made of silver and gold, the blue cape had now changed a little, and my staff was silver with a dragon wrapping around it. There was a red slash of material that went across my torso. Tony said it suited me to have the red slash across it. Me and Cap were just on the runway when Iron Man and War Machine came into view. I was only a few steps behind him.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport." Stark says." Don't you think that's weird?" He says, looking at Rhodey.

"Definitely weird." He agrees.

"Almost like it was planned." I say, Steve chuckles.

"Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Cap says.

Just then, T'Challa leaped over a truck, landing not that far away from us." Boss-" J.E.S.S.I.C.A starts.

"Yeah, I know." I mutter.

"Captain." The Black Panther says, he looks at me." Admiral."

"Your highness." We both say.

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asks Steve.

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgment is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve, Y/N... you know what's about to happen." Nat says, appearing out of nowhere." Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" I purse my lips and try not to keep my eyes on her. All the others I was willing to beat up... But Natasha? I dunno...

We both go silent for a moment." All right, I've run out of patience." Tony says." UNDEROOS!" He called. From behind us, a red and blue suited thing came and shot a web at Cap's shield and pulled it towards itself slinging his hands together. It stood up on a truck and acted heroic. J.E.S.S.I.C.A immediately showed me a video off the internet of someone very similar swinging around." Nice job, kid." Tony said. The name Spiderman comes up on the screen. 

"Thanks. Well-" The kid started talking to Tony in a conversation and I could tell he was getting annoyed at it. I smirked.

"Yeah, we don't need to start a conversation."

"Okay." The kid said and then turned towards me and Steve." Cap-" He made some solute with his spear hand." Captain, Admiral. Big fan, Spiderman."

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later, just..."

"Hi everyone."

"... Good job."

"You've been busy." Steve says.