50

CHAPTER FIFTY: I apparently take after Natasha? Is that a good thing?

3 MONTHS LATER

I sit opposite Nico and Karolina in the old coffee shop, people would pass us by ever so often. Alex and Chase were sat at another table while Molly and Gert were ready, sat in the car.

"We want to get in through that truck which is on the way." I say through coms." Any thoughts?" I ask them.

"We need to hijack it, obviously." Alex says.

"And we want to do that without being seen by the public." I remind the boy.

"So, we need to lure it away." Gert says.

I raise an eyebrow as I pour sugar into my tea." I'm listening."

"We need a distraction, or just something that'll move them off course." Gert explains.

"There's cops not far away from Chase and Alex's chair." Nico points out.

"Only two, but can easily call for reinforcements." Molly says.

"There's a group of vans coming up on your right, Y/N." Gert says.

"How many?" I ask her, taking a sip of the tea and looking over my shoulder for a moment.

"I count four. Cars behind could be theirs."

"If it's S.W.O.R.D. the chances are the driver will be armed, and inside agents will probably be there too." Nico says to me. I nod and look over at the vans passing by.

"Gert start the car, and try and crash into the last van." I tell her.

"You're insane." She remarks as I hear the engine start of the car.

"No, she's clever," Alex says," She's making the distraction." There's a moment of silence on coms.

"Okay Y/N- so we're now on the side of the road and Gert is making excuses to the driver, what do we do now?" Molly asks.

"Wait there." I stand up abruptly and walk down the main road with Karolina and Nico." Karolina, the driver." A beam of light comes from behind me, knocking down the driver who was now even further away than before.

"Took your time." Gert says as we walk towards them.

"It was kinda funny." Molly smiles. I smirk at her for a second before the other two joined us.

"Could've waited for us?" Chase asks.

I shrug and go to say something when the door opens, but agents don't flood out when they see me." Chase?" I ask.

"Yeah, I got you." He shoots them back and after a moment, they black out.

"Well that was simple."

"Don't say that until this mission is done." I hear through coms suddenly.

"Monica, please- I'm trying to teach." I say to her.

"So- what now?" Alex asks us as we look at the four bodies in the back of the truck.

We drive the truck into the LA detention centre trying to not look suspicious. When Chase parks up the van he looks back at us.

"I still don't get why I had to drive." He says.

"You don't look suspicious, it was either me- a wanted terrorist for being experimented on, Gert who has purple hair which is probably not allowed at S.W.O.R.D. and Molly who's gonna get pulled over before we get there for not having a licence. Nico would be pulled over for being suspicious-" I start

"I wouldn't be able to keep my cool." Karolina points out.

"Yes- Karolina couldn't keep her cool, and Wilder- he'll start a conversation with someone on the highway about the weather or something." I finish.

"That is so not true-" Alex starts, I cut him off.

"Anyways, shall we?" I ask the others, they all nod and I open the door of the van. Old Lace runs out and scouts the area.

"And you didn't want to be suspicious- but you let Old Lace run around?" Chase asks, suddenly beside me.

"Old Lace isn't suspicious, she's clever." I say as we walk towards the detention centre. I take out a taser and tazze the first guard to my left as we walk in. Alex fires blanks in the air of the detention centre, letting the workers know to get out.

"Old Lace, the one behind the reception desk." Gert says, the Deinonychus runs forward, scaring the last guy who was probably calling for back up security.

"Remember this part of the plan?" I ask them all.

"Pretty simple to be honest." Chase shrugs." Gert, Chase and Old Lace- arguably the best of the group- stay down here to scare away any predators while the others go and try find Wanda." He says.

"Yeah... Something like that." I take out a pistol and blast the control panel for the door. The rest of us say a quick bye before walking into the corridor of the detention centre.

"Y/N, what part of your brain thought it was a good idea to let Fury get the helicopter?" Monica asks through coms.

"He's getting a helicopter?" Molly asks me.

"Getaway vehicle." I shrug," Just make sure he's got it on the landing area, ready for us." I tell Monica.

"He'll crash, tell him to let me." She complains.

"Mental age of a five year old." I mutter off coms. I hear Molly snicker." Monica why don't you do something more useful like make sure that the code that your girlfriend decoded is going to work this time?" I snap to her.

"SHE IS NOT MY-" Monica realises she's being rather loud." She's not my girlfriend."

"Wait you're not dating?" Nico joins in on coms, I smirk over at her.

"This isn't funny, Y/N." Monica says.

"No- of course not, why would it be funny?" I ask, Alex suddenly shoots at an agent as the elevator door opens. I look over at him, nodding approvingly.

"Fastest draw in the west." Nico remarks, stepping in front of us with the staff, walking into the elevator with the body inside.

"Y/N seriously why did you let Fury fly?" Mars asks suddenly on coms.

"Oh you were allowed to be on coms too?" I ask, Karolina presses the elevator button.

"Do you really joke around on every mission when it's a near death situation?" Monica asks.

"She takes after Natasha." Fury says, suddenly also coms.

"Hold on I don't say hey sailor when hijacking a ship-" I start

"You would make a joke on it." Monica says.

"Now- I mean it would be a waste of an opportunity." I say defensively.

"Fury you're gonna crash." Monica starts.

"No I'm not." Fury claims.

"How are we younger than them?" Karolina asks me off coms.

"Honestly you lot are the most adult like out of the group." I say honestly.

"You're still on coms." Chase points out to me.

"Good."