35

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE: I'm cursed

I look over at her as I speak," This seat taken?" I ask.

"Depends on who's asking." She says, holding out her fishing line still, looking out to sea. There's a quick pause before she says." Sit down, soldat." She smiles at me. I sign at the Russian nickname but sit down at the end of the bench.

"What's on your mind today, eh?" She asks me.

"Oh, nothing much- just my known-to-be-dead-ex-wife and the nightmares she gave me, along with the fact that I'm wanted dead or alive in the rest of the world." I say casually.

"Smooth." She says quietly, I smirk." You going to fish today?"

"Nah... you know me- I like to fish when it's really rough out at sea." I say.

"Yeah, that does kind of make it impossible for any fish to be caught." I chuckle before we go into a silence, looking out to sea." Oh, by the way- we found that grave you told me about-"

"I never told you to look for it, you decided to that yourself." I correct her.

"Theo Bell... sounds so- Midgardian." She says to herself out loud.

"Surprisingly, that's why he's from Midgard." I tell her. She nods as she looks over at me, assessing what I'm wearing.

"Well," Valkyrie says," you do certainly look like your father."

Now, the amount of times I have been told that in my life was rather alarming. You look so much like Loki! to You do act like your father sometimes. Whatever it was, it wasn't exactly a compliment completely considering he was also the same Loki known to have broken the Godseye Mirror, steal the Norn Stones and nearly destroy NYC. So yeah- not the best confidence booster you could give me.

"Well that's a turn out isn't it- me looking like my own father." I pause and lean over." What is the good looks?"

"No... You're both ugly." She shoots back at me.

"Wow- and I thought I was being nice to you." I say.

"I thought you liked me being honest."

I was about to shoot her a sarcastic comment when we were both interrupted.

"Admiral!" Korg shouts as he walks over to us, he sees me next to Valkyrie and seems to regret a little for calling me while I was taking to the new ruler of Asgard. He does this awkward little bow to her." Your majesty- I uh- apologise-"

Valkyrie looks over at me I can tell by her facial expression she's gonna burst of laughter if we were not careful. I turn back to the giant made of rocks.

"What's wrong, Korg?" I ask, shielding my eyes from the sun which was not behind where he stood.

"Two Midgardians wish to speak with you... and their majesty." He says. Korg does another awkward bow and goes to walk away.

"Who?" I ask.

He turns back around." They didn't say, but if it helps- one has an eyepatch while the other said it was urgent- something to do with New Jersey?"

I nod," Thank you, Korg. That'll be all." I say, waving my hand to dismiss him.

"Yes Admiral." He does yet another awkward bow to Valkyrie before finally walking away. She bursts out laughing, leaning backwards on the bench as she reeled in the fishing line.

"He was just trying to be nice, you know." I say, a little smile on my face.

"Remind me at the next meeting to tell Korg not to bow to me when I'm in eyesight." She says standing up.

I walk next to her as we walk up to the hut." Do you want me to put that on your personal calendar or-"

"Not funny." She says.

"Oh please, I could make a fortune just in stand up comedy." I claim. We walk past one of the Asgardians who are usually at the same bar as us. I wave and nudge Valkyrie but she looks away, walking down the pathway, head down." What was that about?" I ask once we're out of the vicinity of her. Valkyrie stays quiet as we walk." Ohhhhhhh-"

"It's not like that!" She says.

"You just really like her?" I ask.

"I subtly think she's attractive." She confirms.

"Yuh huh." I smirk, she shoves my shoulder with hers before we get to the hut. It was a little place with a thatched roof. On the outside, it looked probably as old as some who lived in Asgard (no- not a compliment) however, on the inside it was like one of those modern-day, expensive and posh, newly-built places.

We walk in and are immediately met with the faces of Nick Fury and Monica Rambeau. I sigh as me and Valkyrie strolled into the living area, taking our precious time. I look over at the two of them.

Fury wore his usual; a black long trench coat over a black sweater, along with black bottoms. Monica on the other hand, wore something I could've burnt if I had the time to. A worn out Sentient Worlds Observation and Response Department hoodie and jeans that had a small S.W.O.R.D. logo on its side. What are they selling merchandise now?

I lean against the doorframe." I swear to the gods- I'm cursed because of you." I mutter to Fury.

"Oh come on, I'm amazing-"

"Said who? Your mom?" I say arms crossed. Valkyrie raises her eyebrows and walks over to the help-your-self bar she had ordered to be made." Why are you here?" I ask.

"There's been 3 linked suicides in London-" Fury begins.

"We do have the internet here, you know." Valkyrie says before opening a beer.

"-There's been a fourth," Monica continues," and this time they left a note."

"Aww, good for you. So what you doing? Stopping by?" I ask. Fury gives me a look and I look over at Monica, her arms crossed," I can't just go strolling into London you know-"

"Yes, but you can change your literal DNA and looks basically without even thinking about it!" Valkyrie says suddenly, I glare at her and she smirks, taking a big sip of her drink.

"You can do that?" Monica asks.

"It's something I learnt-" I explain.

"She does it and pranks me all the time." Valkyrie says.

"What if I'm caught?" I ask.

"You won't be! Just keep your head down and you'll be fine."

"You've obviously never been to London in your life." I mutter.

Valkyrie rolls her eyes playfully. Fury sighs," You're also invited, your majesty." He says.

"Oh really?" She asks." Then I'll be needing some security with me." She says.

"Smooth." I mutter.

"Just come and work on it." Monica says," After that, you can come back here."

"You have those vacation days you still haven't used." Valkyrie points out.

"That's probably got to do with the fact that everyday is the same here." I sigh." Fine. I'm only partly responsible if it goes bad."