41

CHAPTER FORTY ONE: A little dance and signalong

Y/N/N- Your Nickname

a/n: watch the video it'll probably help

"How did this end up on every news channel?" Monica asks, sitting down on Amy's couch. We were on the TV, perhaps not the way I wanted my television debut- maybe a chat or game show- not the news at ten o'clock stating that seven men have been put in intensive care and I was the reason for it. A photo of me from when I was being arrested in Germany pops up on screen and Fury puts the TV on mute.

Amy shrugs." We have slow news here when it isn't to do with politics." A photo of Fury also pops up on the screen.

"Y/N maybe you should go and sleep." Clint says.

"What? Seriously? Are you mad?" I ask.

"You haven't slept for days- plus with the bad nights you've been having recently- he's right." Valkyrie says. I look between the two of them for a moment and sigh.

"First door on the right upstairs." Amy says as I limp along with my crutch.

"Thanks." I murmur before going up the stairs slowly.

"Hello?" I call as I look around the empty area. It was the Avenger's old headquarters. Everything was white except the grass outside. It was... grey." Valkyrie?... Monica?" No reply." Anyone?" I look around for another moment before one of the doors open. There stood Loki, my father. He wore a green cape with his suit.

"Father?"

"Come on now.. You could've picked something nicer for me to wear." He says.

"It's all I remember you wearing. Sorry." I say.

"Yes, I guess that is my fault." He says.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same question." He says walking forward." You've gotten yourself into quite a bit of trouble this time haven't you?"

"Well- I was on the run. I wouldn't probably be on the run if I hadn't been the daughter of a god." I say, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh so you're blaming me for your existence, now?"

I think for a second." Yes?"

He smiles," I guess that's on my part as well. Your mother was quite frankly the opposite of me."

I nod slowly." I do miss you, Loki." I say.

"We've only met once." He says." But with the mission you are on- I would be right beside you if I could."

The image of his shimmers and I'm outside an old restaurant. I'm wearing a suit, not something I would usually wear. My instincts make me walk inside and I sit down at the bar.

"What'll it be?" I'm asked, faced with the face of Amy. She wore a 40s outfit a waitress who would work at a diner would wear.

"Amy what the bloody hell are you doing here?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows in confusion.

"Busting my hump working a double. What about you? Shouldn't you be working with your super-secret-agency, Y/N/N?" She asks me.

I look around a little." I was in the cottage-"

"You want cottage pie? Well you can't go wrong with originals-"

"No- no that's not what I said-"