22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO: Dear Thanos, you're a dick, lots of love- the Avengers

a/n: listen to music to be more dramatic [attached video]

"Is anyone on coms?" I ask, no reply. I look down at the large pillar which had collapsed on top of me. I sighed and tried to move it, but there was no use, with or without powers- I was going nowhere without help from someone else." Anyone there?" I ask again.

"Y/n?" I hear a voice say, but it was close by, not on coms. I look over and see an Iron Man suit walking over to me, the top flipping upwards so I could see his face.

"Stark-" I gesture towards the large pillar on top of me," Help- me out- Please." He smiles and blasts it before moving the rest off of me." Do you know what happened?" I asked, looking around. 

He holds his hand out for me to take, of which I do." Probably got something to do with time travel and our bad luck. I could be wrong." 

"The others?" I say, looking around the completely destroyed area, a few minutes before this, it had been nice happy place where the whole universe was.

"Scott is trying to find Rhodey, Rocket and Bruce. Clint I haven't heard from and me and Thor are looking for Cap." He says. I nod.

"Better get looking." I say. We look around through the scraps of the building before we found the guy under some rubble. We found the shield before him, so Tony decided to make it a big deal. 

"You lose this again, I'm keeping it." He tells him as he hands it over.

"What happened?" Steve asks.

"You mess with time, it tends to mess back." I say sheathing my sword." Thor said he found something, or to be more specific- someone." We walk up and join Thor who's been watching Thanos in the meantime." 

"What's he been doing?" Tony asks.

"Absolutely nothing." He tells us.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asks.

"Somewhere under all this." I say," All we know is he doesn't have them." 

"So we keep it that way." 

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor asks us three.

"Yeah, and I don't care much." Tony replies.

"I can second that." I say.

"Good, just as long as we're all in agreement." Thunder cracks as he stretches out both of his hands, summoning both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir into his hands." Let's kill him properly this time." He says, no longer in his casual clothes and in his armour, it seemed his beard had been braided also.

"Sounds like fun." I say, a little smile on my face.

"You could not live with your own failure, and where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible, and as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."

We walk towards Thanos as he speaks.

"Yep, we're all kinds of stubborn." Tony says, making me smirk.

"I'm thankful, because now, I know what I must do." He stands up as he speaks." I will shred this universe down to its last atom," He puts his helmet on." and then- with the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but know not what it has lost but only what it had been given." I grip my sword tightly." A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve says.

"They'll never know it, because you won't be alive to tell them."

Thor and Tony charged in first, making Thanos turn on them first, I tried to turn from the back and attack but it was a little more difficult to do, considering him being a big purple giant who wants to destroy the whole universe. I get knocked to the side dozens of times but I get up and get back to battle quickly.

"Okay, Thor- Hit me." Stark says. Thor hits both his weapons together and the Iron Man suit sucks up the energy and shoots it out at Thanos. But still, somehow, Thanos is better.

He twirls his blade fast, really fast, and diverts the energy. Thor grabs Stormbreaker as I go in for an attack but yet again moved to the side. He bats Mjolnir to hit Thanos but he uses Tony as a shield causing him to fall backwards. I groan in pain as I get up, letting my powers get the better of me now. I hold my hands out to the side and blue mist swirls around me as I begin to float upwards.

Steve is already on the attack, I hold my hand out at Thanos, even though I was at a distance, my powers were still effective. A gun formed in my hand and I was aiming right at the back of the purple giant's head. I shoot and he swats Steve to the side, looking up at me.

"You're not a god." He murmurs. He throws his blade of which I narrowly miss, I shoot again and hit his shoulder, only pushing him back slightly. Thor suddenly attacks but is flung to the side again, this time going to where he had thrown Thor. Thor goes to summon Stormbreaker, however Thanos grabs it and uses it against Thor. I create a fist suddenly in my left hand and a large amount of the rubble forms into a large sphere next to me. I throw it at Thanos, catching his attention. When he looks over, he's not looking at me. When I look over and see what he's looking at, I've never been happier.

"I knew it!" Thor says.

Steve runs towards Thanos, wielding Mjolnir, Thanos does the same as I throw more rubble spheres at him, not doing much effect-but it was more than I was doing before. Suddenly, his blade is thrown at me, this time getting to me and pushing me to the ground. I go to get up but I stagger.

"In all my years of conquest- violence- slaughter- it was never personal." Thanos says." But I'll tell you now- what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying planet- I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much."

His entire army is summoned to the ground. There are thousands- millions maybe. I look over at Steve who's slowly getting back on his feet- determination on his face.

"Hey, hey Cap?" I hear Sam through coms and look around." You read me? Cap, it's Sam, can you hear me?" A yellow portal forms behind Steve and I smile. "On your left." 

Steve turns around to the portal, Okoye, Shuri and T'Challa all walk through. (Yes I've learnt her name) Sam flies through the portal and I smile as he does so. Dozens of more portals open up, one of them showing the Doctor Strange, of whom was joined by a few others and the Spider-Man. I stagger over to Cap, holding onto his shoulder for help.

"You know, I think now is the time for one of those heroic lines of yours." He smiles at my comment as I line up next to him.

"AVENGERS." Steve called, summoning Mjolnir." ASSEMBLE."