48

CHAPTER FORTY EIGHT: I make a plan on dinner

We walk down the corridor, at the ready with the weapons, knowing that we were not getting out of here without a fight. Everything was silent as we walked, having each other's back as we made sure no one was going to jump out at us. I wouldn't put it past S.W.O.R.D. to do so, but it would be a waste of an agent really.

The lights of the hallway change to red from the light warm colour it was before abruptly, an alarm going off loudly. The door of the elevator opens and agents flood through.

"Well- that five seconds of silence was nice." I mutter." I told you guys it was dangerous right?"

"Oh- we've got this-" Chase aims his gloves at one of the agents and orange electricity is shot at the agent. Before I can even react with some comment, an agent is trying to attack me. I roll my eyes and hold them up against the wall, I sweep their feet as they hit the wall and they fall, sat on the ground against the wall.

Another agent walks forward and goes to attack but are shot back a beam of something that glows. I look over at Karolina who was- as Nico said she did- glowing different colours. I give her a smile and she gives me a nod before shooting at another agent.

An agent walks up towards me, flicking out a knife. I smirk for a moment and take hold of them, pushing them against the wall of one of the cells by their arm. I take the knife out of their hand and they groan.

"You broke my arm!" He says.

I sigh." No I sprained your wrist." I tell him." I've been in many wars, I know how to sprain a wrist. In fact I can name every bone in your body as I break it." I turn back and throw the knife to the last few of the agents standing.

Alex shoots one of them in the leg while Molly runs forward, chucking an agent down the hallway. Nico freezes an agent in ice and Karolina shoots down the last standing agent.

"Nico you weren't wrong when you said Karolina glows." I smile at them.

"Yeah, it's not just on the outside either." She murmurs.

All of us are silent for a moment, I look over at Karolina," You're meant to compliment her back. Something like- Yeah well Nico is never wrong." I smile.

"Eh- debatable." Karolina says, I look over at Nico.

"She ain't wrong." Nico shrugs.

"Come on- the ship needs to sail." I complain.

"The ship already sails." Gert says.

Before I can make a comment about how they were the perfect couple, and probably my OTP, the radio goes off." Y/N? You there?" I hear Fury ask.

"Oh for fucks sake-" I take the radio out." Fury it's been five minutes." I say as we walk down the corridor.

"The place looks like it's going into lockdown according to Monica." He says.

"Am I meant to care?" I ask him, chuckling at how much this guy was pissing me off.

"It'll be more difficult to get out of, right?" He asks me.

"Not with my team it won't." I see a smile on Molly's face as I say it.

"Team?" He asks me.

"Well- it's not my team. They just wanted to help." I explain." Stay there in the cars, are you around the front?"

"About that-" He says quietly.

"Damn I ask you to do one thing and you can't even do that... Just- stay there. Wherever there is. I'll shoot something in the sky, which will be your signal." I tell him." Also- find the closest drive thru to the warehouse. The team will appreciate it." I put the radio back in my back pocket.

"Who said we'd appreciate it?" Alex says as we walk into the elevator.

"Gert told me you guys get fed the bare minimum. Doesn't take a genius or a billionaire to work out that you could do with a bit of junk food in your bodies." The doors of the elevator closes and Alex nods in acknowledgment." Plan is simple. Nico, block out any on coming shots in the way with that staff of yours. Molly, anyone physically in the way of our getaway? Give 'em hell. The rest of you try to just keep the agents busy as we work our way through the place. When we get into the large front area. Smash through the windows for all I care. The point is- get the hell outa here." The whole elevator is quiet as they listen." Any questions?" The silence continues." Great."

The elevator makes a loud BING noise before opening up. Honestly, I thought there was going to be agents left, right and centre. But there was no one, the only way to describe the place was deserted. We slowly walk through the red-lighted corridors, looking every direction.

"Is anyone else getting major not-okay and horror film vibes?" Gert asks as we walk through the cells room that I first found them in. I stop suddenly and nod up to the camera which was ahead of us.

"What?" Chase asks." It's camera. We've probably passed a bunch of them."

"No. Y/N shot that." Gert says.

I look over at them." Someone's been here. They know we're coming."