13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: *In a mocking tone* pUt a sHiRT oN 🙄

I was changing in a room. We had been given clean clothes as there was no way I could stay in the clothes I had been before. I heard a knock on the door, my first reaction was covering my chest as I was shirtless with a sports bra on. I turned my head and saw Wanda who was smiling. 

"Is it something I'm wearing?" I tease, she was already dressed in her suit. How she was able to do that was beyond my understanding. I guess her powers really helped her do it quickly or something. Don't ask, she hadn't worn it once when we were hiding for the two years. 

She walks forward as she speaks." How about something you're not wearing?" I roll my eyes as she walks closer. 

"Would you prefer it if I put a shirt on?" 

"You never told me you had abs." She says, looking down at my stomach.

"I go to the gym, Wanda." I say, going to pick up the shirt. I did walk around the house shirtless- in fact half the time I wasn't really bothered if I was wearing a shirt or not in the house. Wanda always complained about it and so I just wrapped myself up in a blanket. But now, she seemed to care.

"I dunno, I kinda like the view." She says, taking both of my hands in mine.

"Do you, now?" I tease, raising an eyebrow. She leans in and kisses me, passionately. Yes- I was shirtless in a room, alone with my girlfriend, kissing her. She snaked her arms around my neck as she continued to kiss me. 

"I really hope I'm not intruding." I heard Natasha say suddenly from the door. I look over at her and scowl. She looks between the two of us and sighs. "Put a shirt on." She said before walking away from the room.

I look back at Wanda who was smirking at me." Put a shirt on." I roll my eyes and pull away from her embrace, picking up the shirt.

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve said to T'Challa as we walk off the Quinjet. Wanda held my hand as we walked. Steve shook the king's hand. I saw Bruce awkwardly bow and grin widely, trying not to laugh.

"What are you doing?" Rhodey asks him.

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa says to him. Bruce shoots Rhodey a glare and I look away, trying even harder not to laugh.

"Wow what a view!" I say, Wanda giggles.

"How big of an assault can we expect?" The king asks us.

"Uh, sir, I think you can expect quite a big assault." Bruce says.

"How we looking?" Nat asks.

"With our eyes?" I say, causing the black widow to shoot me a look. Idiot

"You will have my Kingsgaurd, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milage, and..." The king of Wakanda trails off as someone else joins us.

"A semi-stable, 100-year-old man." Bucky smiles walking to Steve and sharing a hug.

"How you been, Buck?" Steve asks.

"Uh, not bad for the end of the world." He shrugs.

"Whoa, the structure is polymorphic." Shuri says, I didn't understand a word of what was being said but I wasn't the one for science... Okay- that's a lie. I'm not one for technology that much. Not Bruce Banner and Shuri technology.

"Right, we had to attach each neuron non-sequentially." Bruce explains.

"Why didn't you just reprogram the synapses to work collectively?" She asks.

It's a moment before Banner answers with a-" Because, we didn't- think of it?"

The girl reassuringly smiles." I'm sure you did your best."

"Can you do it?" I ask." I'm not trying to be pushy." I say defending myself.

"Yes, but there are more than two trillion neurons here. One misalignment could cause a cascade of circuit failures." She turns to T'Challa." It will take time, brother."

"How long?" Steve asks.

"As long as you can give me." 

"Something's entered the atmosphere." One of the guards say suddenly.

"Hey, Cap." Sam says through coms." We got a situation here." I look out the window and see an alien vessel heading straight to the field. It destroys itself against a force field.

"Fuckin hell." I mutter.

"Don't start celebrating yet, guys." Rhodey speaks up." We got more incoming outside the dome."

"What sort of a birthday or Christmas present is this?" I ask. Vision starts to move and sit up from the table.

"It's too late. We need to destroy the stone now." He says. 

I walk over to him and push him back onto the table" Vision get your ass back on the table." Nat tells him as I do so. 

"We will hold them off." T'Challa says, he and the guards head for the door.

"Wanda, as soon as the stone's out of his head- Blow it to hell." Steve instructs her.

"I will." She says.

"Evacuate the city. Engage all defence procedures." The king says and points at Steve." And get this man a shield."

"Stay safe for me." Wanda says, put a hand to my cheek.

"Do the same for me." I say. She leans forward and kisses me once more." Y/n, I-" 

"We need to get going." Banner says. I peck Wanda's lips before I pull away from her embrace, walking to Bruce and the others at the door.