29

CHAPTER TWENTY NINE: Episode One

"So," Mr. Hart continues to talk to Y/N on the couch, Mrs. Hart looked terribly bored of what the two were talking about." I said if we orient the forms horizontally rather than vertically, we can use twice the paper, we can bill twice the cost."

Y/N chuckles at what her boss has stated, slapping her leg." You truly are a pioneer! But the larger purpose of the forms is..?"

"Was to analyse our input and our output." The boss says, Y/N nods understandably," You're awfully dense, aren't you, Y/N?"

Back in the kitchen, Wanda lets Agnes in through the back door of the house.

"Oh, Agnes! You're a life-saver!" Wanda says as Agnes walks in.

"What kind of a housewife would I be if I didn't have a gourmet meal for four just lying about the place?" The ingredients are placed onto the counter as Agnes continues to be her." Not that Ralph ever wants to eat anything but baked beans, which explains a lot about his personal appeal mind you!"

A large pot suddenly falls to the kitchen floor, making a large noise quite noticeable.

Mrs. Hart stands up from the couch when she hears the noise," Oh! Oh- do you think Wanda needs help in the kitchen? We haven't any tidbits or tartlets out here, nary a pig in a blanket."

Y/N chuckles, nervously, as she stops the woman." No that, no that's so kind of you Mrs. Hart." More clattering from the kitchen." BUT I'M SURE SHE'S ABSOLUTELY FINE IN THERE." Y/N says, raising her voice for Wanda to hear.

"Oh, thank you, Agnes." Wanda says to the neighbour." I think I've got it covered from here."

"Oh, are you sure, dear?" Agnes asks her" Many hands make light work- and many mouths make good gossip."

Wanda laughs." You're so naughty!" She begins to push the neighbour out of the door.

"Oh, shall I pre-heat the oven then, dear?"

"That won't be necessary."

"Oh, all right, then." Agnes says, and when Wanda thinks she's finally got her out of the house, she swivels around and walks back into the kitchen, but Wanda ropes her back around the kitchen as she talks." Well, I know you're in a pinch, so this menu can be done in a snap: Lobster Thermidor with mini-minced meat turnovers for starters, Chicken á la King with twice-cooked new potatoes for your second course, and Steak Diane and mint jellies for your main." Agnes turns to Wanda." Do you set your own jellies, dear?"

Wanda thinks about her answer before saying it." Yes."

"Good girl!" Wanda eventually pushes her to the door again." Recipe cards are on the counter there. Bon appetite!" Agnes eventually leaves and Wanda quickly uses her powers, pulling out cooking tools from all around the kitchen.

The action causes noise, which causes Mrs. Hart to jump up from sitting on the couch.

"Oh, oh you two stay put- I sense a domestic emergency-" She says, striding towards the kitchen.

"Mrs. Hart- please don't." Y/N says." You can't- you- please." The kitchen window opens and as she swings them open, Y/N does the first thing that comes into her mind." Yeah, take out the papers and the trash!" Mrs. Hart turns around and doesn't notice Wanda's powers which were in use." Or you won't get no spending cash!" Wanda now gives Y/N a confused, head tilt included." If you don't scrub the kitchen floor," Mrs. Hart starts to dance to Y/N's antics." You ain't gonna rock and roll no more! Yakety Yak! Don't talk back!"