14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Fighting go brrr

I get off the ship with Nat and stand there with her for a moment. 

"So, how do you think Yelena would feel if she found out you're wearing her sacred vest in battle?" I ask her, smirking.

"It has a lot of pockets." Nat dismisses. 

"I've got two heat signatures breaking through the tree line." Rhodey tells us. Jabari warriors start to chant as I see two figures come from the distance of the forest.

"Thank you, for standing with us." T'Challa says to the Lord of the Jabari.

"Of course, brother."

"Stay here." Nat turns to me.

"Aw, no fair they attacked me when I was gonna-"

"Keep quiet," She turns to Bucky." Keep her there." I scowled at her as she, Steve and T'Challa walked down to the borders of the field.

"I really think I should go down there." I smile at Bucky; he rolls his eyes.

"You're staying here." He says to me, patting my shoulder with the Vibranium arm.

"You guys are no fun." I mutter. The alien ships' tops rise, the others join us.

"Did they surrender?" Bucky asks.

"Not exactly."

"Why can't you let me do the talking?" I ask Natasha.

"Because you would've done worse than we did" She says." You're acting like a toddler."

"That is so not true! Wanda tell him!" I say, tapping onto coms.

"She's not on coms."

"I hate you." I mutter.

"Why? I'm lovely." She teases. Just when I think nothing was going to happen, and we were just standing there for no reason, something happened. More aliens advanced from the trees, a lot of them, and they were heading straight towards us.

"What the f-" I don't finish my sentence.

"Looks like we pissed her off." Nat says. The aliens attack the force-filed, trying to squeeze themselves through it, only to die. I made myself look at one of the trees that were on our side of the field.

"They're killing themselves." One of the guards say, horrified, we all just stay silent as they watch. I take the gun that was given to me as I watch some of the aliens get through the field not many though. Along with Bucky, I shoot at them.

"You seen the teeth on those things?" Sam asks through coms.

"Alright, back up, Sam. You're gonna get your wings singed." Rhodey tells him. I watch where some of the aliens are going, and trust me- its not pretty.

"A.L.E.X?" I ask for confirmation.

"Boss, if they get through the field, behind us, there's nothing between them and the stone."

"Then we better keep 'em in front of us." Steve says grimly.

"How do we do that?" The guard asks the King.

"We could do with the other you around about now." Nat says to me.

"Right." I say, handing her the gun. I walk backwards into a more open area of the field. My powers take control but even more than I know it. My powers push me to the ground, I land kneeling on the ground, I close my eyes and I see something I'm not exactly too happy with.

Loki, being strangled to death. I'm there, watching his death, and I want to shout and scream. But I can't move, my eyes are fixated on the purple giant. I'll remember his face.

"You will never... be a god." Loki said before dying. I catch my breath. Okay, sure- I hadn't seen him for ages, but we had a past and he did help me at one point in my past. I was going to get revenge. Revenge for the god of mischief.

I open my eyes and jump in front of the whole army; I hold out my hand and feel my staff fly into my hand.

"Oh, they're screwed now." I hear Sam say. I smirk as I land, charging straight for the barrier, along with Steve and T'Challa by my side.

"NOW!" The king says. The barrier opens and the outsiders pour into Wakanda. We fight them off with the help of the army. I knock down one of them, it looks up and snarls at me, I take out my sword and stab it.

"How long?" I ask the king through coms.

"How much longer, Shuri?" He asks, I kick off one of the creatures from him and help him up.

"We've barely begun, brother." She replies.

"You might want to pick up the pace." He tells her before we both jump back into action.

I see Nat struggling and head straight for her." NAT" I yell at her and throw her my sword as I slide tackle one of the creatures, she goes to stab it but its quick. It moves quickly to me but I'm just as quick, swerving and dodging its attacks. It goes to slash at my feet but I roll over and stab it with a knife A.L.E.X provides me with. But, it's not enough to kill it. It turns around and slashes at my face before I can even react. Just when I think it's the last of me, it's sliced into two on top of me. I look up at Nat and give her a look." Could've done that earlier?" I ask.

"Shut up and take my hand." She says putting her hand out for me to take. I roll my eyes a little before getting up." That's going to leave a mark." She says.

"We don't really have time for us to talk about a mark on my face." I say as we start to jog over to the rest of the fight.