53

CHAPTER FIFTY THREE: Vodka tastes awful, sorry not sorry

a/n- shorter chapter

Odessa didn't go well. And I won't go into details. I'll just say it didn't go well. It was like Gibraltar, but worse. How could it even have gone worse?

"We've gone from Canada to Rome, to Gibraltar, to Turkey and to Odessa. None of them have Wanda." Fury says finally.

"I don't think we've been looking at it right." Mars says.

"Don't tell me- there's underground basements that we didn't know about." I mutter before taking a swig of my cheep Russian vodka. I pull a face at the taste before swallowing the alcohol." Asgardian ale is better than this." I look at the glass before putting it aside.

"We've been looking at the detention centres." Mars explains, not paying attention what I had said." Two hours ago, S.W.O.R.D. put on their system that all are to head to Romania. Apparently a code name of Cataract."

"So we're now going to Romania?" I groan." What is this? A school field trip?"

"It looks serious. If everyone is wanted, it must be something big-"

I don't pay attention to it and take another drink of the Russian vodka, pulling another face at it." Wanda is one of the most powerful on this planet, without hesitation. She accidently made the Hex. If Hayward wants a meeting so big that everyone is involved, it's gotta do with Wanda." Monica says finally.

"Or, it's a trap." Alex says." Y/N could be being led right into the hands of that Hayward guy."

"She won't be alone." Nico says.

"I'm not having you to continue to fight, especially if we know that the whole of S.W.O.R.D. is going to be there." I say, I look over at Fury." Get back up?" I ask him.

"Who do you have in mind?" He sighs, not really a big fan of it all. I smirk at him and he raises his eyebrows in realisation." I'll be back." Fury walks into the forest after a moment, taking out a communicator.

"We'll still fight." Gert says." You can't stop that."

"I'm counting on it." I say, standing up." We're going to Romania, knowing there's a large chance of it being a trap. We look for Wanda, if she isn't there, we'll fight our way out. But, until then-" I pour water over our camp fire." I think it's time we all sleep." A few of them nod before all standing up, murmuring a goodnight before heading towards their tents or sleeping bags.

I sat on the edge of the wing of the jet, keeping look out for the others.

"You know, you never deserved what happened to you." Monica scares me, suddenly appearing next to me," May I?" She asks, referring to the space next to me. I smile and nod. She sits down and we sit in silence for a while, looking out at the sunset." Your life, turned upside down, all for some experiment and dream that Hayward had." She says eventually." And you're saying to me, you don't want revenge?" She asks.

"No..." I say quietly." During the blip, I would've wanted revenge, I wasn't right then." I pause." But I'm not the weapon that Hayward thinks I am." I tell her." And you're not just the daughter of a captain, you're Monica Rambeau- the one who's going up against her own mothers organisation-"

"Okay, okay-" She smiles." I get what you're saying." I take another sip of my vodka.

"Why am I drinking this?" I ask, looking at the bottle, holding it away from me.

"Here-" She holds out a plastic cup and pours herself some. When she tastes it, she pulls a face for a moment." You make it seem worse." She says.

"I so do not!" I argue, placing the bottle behind me. We sit in a silence again and watch the world go by.

"Monica!" We hear Darcy in the distance and I smile.

"I so called it with you two." I tease as Monica gets up to jump down.

"Anything else you'd like to tease me about?" She raises an eyebrow at me.

"I'll think about it." I smirk at the girl, she rolls her eyes before jumping down off the wing. I sit there in silence, taking little sips of the vodka that was left, using it up knowing no one else will." I'm coming for you Wanda." I say out loud." Gods, you need to stop talking to yourself, Y/N." I realise suddenly." Someone would think you're mad." I say.