39

CHAPTER THIRTY NINE: Welcome to London, We're raided, I'm shot, S.W.O.R.D. needs new staff

We run down the street after our long detour before stopping the cab.

"POLICE-" Clint flashes an old ID card in the air." OPEN HER UP." He shouts as he opens the cab door himself. I slap the top of the taxi roof as I look at the passenger, cursing in Asgardian.

"No." I say as I get my breath back." Whitened teeth, and with that tan line on your face- What, California?" I pick up the tag on the passengers luggage, I curse again." L.A., Santa Monica- he just arrived."

"How on Midgard can you possibly know that?" Valkyrie asks.

"The tag." I shrug, I look at the passenger." First trip to London going by your final destination and the route the cabbie was taking you?"

"I'm sorry- are you guys the police?" The guy asks, an American accent, just like I thought.

"Yeah." Clint flashes the ID card again." Everything all right?" He asks.

The American looks at the three of us before smiling." Yeah..."

"Good... Any problems- just let us know." Clint says before leaning off of the cab and walking away.

"Welcome to London." Valkyrie says to the guy before shutting the door, the cab drives off as we walk in the opposite direction.

"Just a cab that happened to slow down." Clint says.

"Basically..." I say.

"Not the murderer." Valkyrie crosses her arms.

"Not the murderer, no..."

"Wrong country, good alibi." Clint says.

"Here- where did you get this?" I say taking the ID card out of his hand

Detective Inspector Fury

Scotland Yard

I look up at him with an eyebrow raised." Fury can get annoying some times. I pick pocket him when he is." He tells me.

I smile a little and snicker." What?" Valkyrie asks as we walk.

"Nothing, just... Welcome to London." I snicker again. I glance back at the black cab and see it stopped next to a real police car.

"Got your breath back?" Clint asks us.

"Ready when you two are." Valkyrie says.

We walk back into the lab laughing away at ourselves.

"Hey, why aren't we back at the restaurant?" Valkyrie asks as we sit down.

I shrug." It was a long shot anyways."

"You went to a restaurant?" Monica asks us.

"Yeah. We were so badass we didn't even pay." I say sarcastically.

"You walked out the door and Clint chased after a taxi." Valkyrie points out.

"Hey! Not the point." I say, she smiles a little." Anything on Rachel yet?" I ask Mars.

"Nearly there, might need another hour or so." They say. I nod and go to sit down when a phone rings. We look around between the few of us before Monica takes her phone out, answering it.

She puts the phone on speaker after seeing the contact name.

"You have 30 seconds to give up Y/N." Tyler Hayward's voice hadn't changed from the last time I'd heard it.