16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN: Uh oh, I lost my shit

"They're landing now." Nat told me, I stayed silent, my feet up on the coffee table and a baseball cap on my head, covering the most of my face. As long as they can't read my expression, I'm- manageable." Listen, I know you're not asleep because you hate sleeping and haven't slept for ages. And I know you and Tony don't see eye-to-eye, but please give him a second chance."

A second chance? A second bloody chance? Why? Why the fucking hell should I give him- The Tony Stark- a second chance? Because he's Iron Man? Or because he's a fucking multibillionaire with money to spare? 

I take the hat off my face, putting it on backwards on my head and look up at Nat so she can get a look at my face.

"The scar is getting worst, let Bruce look at it-" She puts a hand on my cheek and traces the scar with her thumb

"No." I tell her," I'm fine." Nat moves away after a moment, and I see hurt in her eyes.

She scoffs," Where have I heard that before?" Steve walks in before she can say anymore.

"They're landing." He says. Nat sighs and I give her a look before she gets up and leaves me alone in the room.

I look down at my hands and play with the ring. Her ring was on my thumb, I had adopted the habit of playing with it recently and I can't stop it. She's there and will not leave me. Never. She's a part of me now, I just can't shake her off.

"It's been 23 days since Thanos came to Earth." Rhodey said to us. I don't know why I was even there. Politeness maybe. Not that I cared about being polite anymore. I just wanted to crawl up in a ball and cry and wait to wake up from this nightmare.

"World governments are in pieces. The parts that are still working are trying to take a census. And it looks like he did... he did exactly what he said he was gonna do." Natasha said, like I would care about world governments. Did I seem to be a one who care about politics? I hope I don't after the accords situation." Thanos wiped out fifty percent of all living creatures."

"Where is he now?" Tony asks." Where?" This meeting was starting to bore me more and more and was making me think about finally going to my room to catch up on the hours of sleep I'm missing on.

"We don't know." Steve replied." He just opened a portal and walked through."

"What's up with you?" I look up from the floor and see Tony looking at me. I snicker and get up and walk into the kitchen, staying silent.

"She just lost the love of her life, Tony." Nat said." Leave her alone."

And that makes me laugh. At first, I think I'm doing it in my head, but I can feel eyes on me. I'm laughing out loud. I turn around with my glass of water in my hand, taking a sip still chuckling.

"Am I, missing something?" Tony asks. Natasha and Steve are looking down at the floor now, and I'm laughing." No one gonna tell me?"

"Tony, she was-"

"It doesn't matter." Nat cuts off Steve. I chuckle to myself as I carry on drinking from my glass.

"What was meant to happen?" Tony asks.

"Let's tell everyone." I shrug." It's not like it fucking matters anymore."

"Don't-" Natasha is careful of her words at me." Don't be like that."

"You wanna know Tony?" I ask, not giving a fuck about anything anymore." I was meant to propose to Wanda not 24 hours before Thanos came." The room is considerably silent. I walk to my jacket which sat on the back of what of the seats and pull out a box and roll it onto the table over to Tony." I was ready. To move to onto the next chapter of my life, with Wanda. I found a place in New Jersey- it looked great. So, that's what you missed Tony." I say." That's what you fucking missed. It would've been a nicer wedding- without the accords in the way. To have friends around to see me start a new chapter. Can't do that now, can I? But it doesn't even matter. Because they're all gone! Half of the universe is gone."

Tony stood up and looked at me in the eyes," We've all lost something to this, alright? So sit down and just listen. I made sure you had a leg at the raft."

"Steve, wanna take over?" I ask. He sighs when I look over at him but does leave the room to get something. A minute or so later he returns with a prosthetic leg in his hand." I healed quickly, because of my-"

"Okay, that's enough." Natasha says to the two of us, specifically at me.

"Because of your what?" Tony asks.

"Stop it." Steve said. I sigh and walk out of the room, down the corridor, passing Danvers on the way. She went to stop me, but I gave her a look, telling her just how much she didn't want to do this right now.

"Y/N!" Natasha called for me, but I was already gone.

You remember when as a kid you would say you're running away to your parents but it either never happened or never worked out? Yeah, it's like that but I'm a full-grown adult with anger issues and depression.

I pick up my last bag and throw it down to the car below. This was my only chance to get out of here and I was taking it. Midnight at the compound- perfect. I jump down from the balcony after taking one last look at the room that I'd been staying in. I sit in the truck and start it up, driving down and out of the Avengers compound.

I reach over to the glovebox and pick up a Queen CD and put it in. It made me smile, remembering the memories that I had with Wanda, showing her music and having a small road trip around the UK messing around like two people in love. I wanted to tell her how much I loved her all the time, but I couldn't do that anymore. I couldn't look up to the stars in the night and think that she was listening, because let me just say- I would end up somewhere in between crying and punching something (or someone)

I drove for hours and hours until I got to the docks, there I sailed out. Not really caring where I was going. Away. A new chapter? A new chapter. Hopefully it'll be interesting. Something to easily get used to.