30

CHAPTER THIRTY: Episode One

"Well, I think tonight's going swimmingly.. Anyone for Parcheesi?" Y/N asks.

"My head- my head is spinning." Mrs. Hart says.

"Oh, Mrs. Hart-" Y/N helps her onto the couch while the husband spoke up.

"Did you hear that? My wife's head is spinning- generally speaking, I don't like her head to do that." Mr. Hart says.

In the kitchen, Wanda sighs- picking up a Wisk." Time to improvise." She says to herself.

"You know, I'm beginning to think you're not management material, Y/N." As the boss carries on to speak down on Y/N/N, Wanda sets the table with her powers." You know, I had high hopes for you. But from what I've seen here tonight, you can barely keep it together- I mean look around. There's all this chaos going on in your household. Now, when are we gonna eat?"

"Dinner is served." Wanda says, the three others all look over at the table.

"Ah!" Y/N smiles.

"Breakfast... for dinner? How very..." Mr. Hart tries to find the correct word.

Mrs. Hart smacks her husband." European." She finishes for him.

"Oh- let's have a toast." Y/N says as they approach the table, picking up a glass of wine." To my lovely and talented wife." She says, holding up the glass.

"To our esteemed guests." Wanda corrects her wife.

"Yes." They all clink their glasses together.

"Cheers." Wanda says as they all take a sip, Y/N pulls a little face, being a non-alcoholic didn't really help." Well, please eat before it gets cold." She tells them, they all sit down, Y/N pulling up a chair for Mrs. Hart before sitting down herself.

"So, where did you two move from? What brought you here? How long have you been married? And why don't you have children yet?" Mrs. Hart asks, very quickly.

Wanda zones out when the questions are asked, unsure of what to say." I think-" Y/N starts," what my wife means to say is that we moved from..." Y/N stops suddenly.

"Yes, we moved from..." Wanda stops also.

"And we were married..."

"Yes, yes, we were married in..." She gives Y/N a confused look.

"Well? Moved from where? Married when?" Mr. Hart asks.

"Now- patience, Arthur." Mrs. Hart tells off her husband." They're setting up their story, let them tell it."

"We... Our story..." Wanda chuckles.

"Yes, what exactly is your story?" Mr. Hart asks.

"Oh, just leave the poor kids alone." Mrs. Hart says.

"No, really... I mean, I think it's a perfectly simple question. Honestly, why did you come here? Why?" Neither of the couple respond, confused in their head. Mr. Hart slams his fist on the table suddenly." Damn it, why? Why did you-"

He begins to choke on some food while Mrs. Hart just laughs and chuckles.

"Oh, Arthur, stop it. Stop it! Stop it." She chuckles away. His chocking only becomes worse." Stop it! Stop it." She says as she looks at Wanda, he falls to the ground suddenly." Stop it. Stop it. Stop it!" Mrs Hart says, continuing to chuckle.

"Y/N, help him." Wanda says to her wife. Y/N gets up and kneels next to Mr. Hart. She holds her hand up in front of his neck and eventually, Mr. Hart coughs up food and breathes normally again.

"Let me help you up-" Y/N says," give me your hand, all right-" She helps him up and Mr. Hart stands." Steady on, sir."

Wanda gets up as Mr. Hart looks at his watch." Well, would you look at the time!" He chuckles.

"Yes, we'd better be going." Mrs. Hart agrees, getting up from her seat.

"Well... are you both alright?" Wanda asks, a little concerned.

"We had such a lovely time." Wanda turns to Y/N and Mrs. Hart comes up behind her, covering her eyes with her hands." This guest is leaving your homes."

Wanda chuckles and turns around, shaking Mrs. Hart's hand." Yes, thank you for coming."

"You made me proud today. First thing Monday morning, you and me are gonna have a little chat. We'll see about that promotion." Mr Hart says to Y/N.

"Yes! Yes, sir! Thank you sir!" Y/N says, shaking his hand. They get to the door with the Harts when they open the door, a lobster from earlier is attached to the door. Mrs. Hart looks at it for a moment.

"Oh, what a charming door knocker!" She says, using the lobster as a door knock." Good night!"

Both exhaled in relief when the door closes finally. Wanda leans up against the door and Y/N shakes her head, the scar reappearing on her face.

Wanda starts to walk over to the couch where Y/N is stood next to. She sighs." We are an unusual couple, ya know?"

"Oh, I don't think that was ever in question." Y/N says as they both sit down on the couch.

"Well, what I mean is... we don't have an anniversary.... Or a song, or even wedding rings."

"Well, we could remedy that, today could be our anniversary." Y/N suggests.

"Of what? Surviving our first dinner party?"

"Yes, precisely. And our song could be?"

"Yakety Yak, naturally."

"Naturally." Y/N agrees.

"Hmmm. And the rings?" Wanda asks.

"Well...." Y/N holds her hand out." Couldn't you make some for us?" Wanda holds her hand out next to her wife's. She flicks her other wrist and rings appear on both of their fingers." I do... Do you?" Y/N asks, looking over at Wanda.

"Yes..." She says." I do."

"And they lived, happily ever after." Y/N says before leaning and giving Wanda a kiss.