54

CHAPTER FIFTY FOUR: Love is a dagger- wait no wrong story

"What was that?" I hear from behind me. I roll over in the bunk and try to not pay attention to it. What was that? Well, that can't mean any good. I open my eyes and let them adjust to the light of the jet. My neck had a cramp and I didn't feel like getting up after the Russian Vodka. I groan as I look over at Gert, stood looking over the cockpit of the jet.

I get up and Chase also appears," I don't know if you guys know this, except for Gert, but the national health foundation recommends eight to ten hours of sleep-" Nico begins from her shared bunk with Karolina.

"SHUT UP." Gert and Monica say in unison.

I look over at Monica who was very much, not calm." What the hell is going on?" I ask her.

"A S.W.O.R.D. fighter jet has realised that we, in a S.W.O.R.D. carrier jet, are not S.W.O.R.D." She says, keeping her eyes on all the different touch pads in front of her. Karolina suddenly appears next to me.

"Well, someone better tell them who's boss." I say, picking up my jacket I putting it on.

"What's going on?" Karolina asks.

"Didn't you hear?" Gert asks, pacing a little as she spoke.

"People expect me to know everything, just because I'm tall." Karolina says, honestly." Plus, Nico was busy complaining about how tired she is."

I open up the back of the jet." Y/N, WHAT THE HELL-" I hear Monica begin.

"I'm just sending them a friendly warning." I tell her, looking down I see the fighter jet." Keep her steady, lower her under the jet."

I jumped down, in true sky diving fashion. I land onto the jet and the pilot looks at me, worried. I give them a sincere smile before ripping off parts of the wing I'd landed on. I look down and see the Quinjet bellow and wave over at the pilot, who was now looking like their pants were brown, before jumping back down to our jet.

"What the actual fuc-" Before Gert can even begin on me, I jump over to the cockpit. A distant explosion can be heard and everyone looks a little worried.

"We're gonna have to find somewhere to land." Monica says.

"Thank you, Captain Obvious." I mutter.

"Y/N, there's another-" Fury says. I get up and walk out to the open back of the jet. The fighter jet blasted before I can even make a plan, and we went flying, more than we already were. The jet began to drop, multiple voices began to shout, including a roar of a Deinonychus. Not even Monica could control this, gravity wasn't on our side anymore.

The jet struck the forest bellow us and snapped the branches clean off, we kept on going until the forest trees slowed us down to a stop. By then, the only person not on the floor was Monica.

There's a long silence between all of us, no one make a noise as we hear the fighter jets fly pass.

"Is everyone okay?" Nico asks, breaking our silence.

"No..." Gert replies. I stand up slowly and help Fury up.

"Don't suppose you know where we are?" Fury asks, walking over to Monica.

"All the systems are down." I walk over to the back end of the jet and kick the door open, looking out." It'll take at least an hour. The chances of this getting fixed is another problem."

Nico appears next to me as I look out at the place." What's wrong?" She asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. I nod over across the lake. A small log cabin, isolated away from most of the trees, had two large S.W.O.R.D. trucks sat at its front.

"Wait-" Monica realises, suddenly also appearing." You think-" I walk pass and pick up one of the guns off the rack and put it around my shoulder before jumping down off the jet.

"Y/N-" Molly runs after me as I walk towards the edge of the lake.

"Molly please don't-" Before I can even turn around, I'm pulled by the collar and dragged back to the ship by the younger girl. She drops me onto the ground and gives me a sympathetic look before walking away.

"You can't go running away." Monica says." Not now."

"I'll be back before you know it." I say, brushing the dust off my clothes.

"No, you can't." Nico says.

"Two S.W.O.R.D. trucks and probably more on the way if they know you're there." Monica adds.

"I can handle them." I argue.

"You're not just going to fight off S.W.O.R.D. with a gun and a metal arm."

"Watch me-" I start to walk away when I'm pulled back by a force. I look over at Nico and see the staff lit up in her hand. I sigh out of annoyance and turn back to them.

"She's still gonna go." Fury says, leaning up against the doorway." Whatever you do."

"Fury-" Monica begins.

"Stubborn." He says." That's not a word that even describes it. Because, well maybe she is stubborn, but that ain't it." There's a pause for a second." Love."

"Fury I think the crash has had an affect on you-" I start.

"You went up to the space station because you cared about what Natasha wanted, what Natasha needed. If she'd know it had taken your life, you wouldn't have to be in such a situation. You became a part of the Avengers because you cared about those around you and those in the Avengers. You care and you love." He turns back to the others." Y/N will fight for Wanda for her life, and you can't stop that. But one thing you can do is fight along side her." 

There's a long, lengthy silence until Molly sits down on the edge of our crashed ship.

"So..." She says." Anyone got a plan?"