27

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN: Episode One

Wanda cleans the dishes telepathically as plates float over onto a shelf while she also wipes a glass down with a dish rag. Y/n enters with her newspaper, reading away, Wanda doesn't seem to notice and a plate ends up hitting her on the head, of which make the plate shatter to the floor.

Y/n looks up at Wanda with a little grin." My wife and her flying saucers!"

"My wife and her indestructible head!" Wanda replies

"Wanda and Y/n," The girl says to herself," aren't we a fine pair?" Y/n asks, kissing Wanda's forehead. The other girl chuckles and repairs the plate with her magic, picking it up and putting it on the shelf.

"What do you say to silver dollar pancakes, crispy hash browns, bacon, eggs, freshly squeezed orange juice, and block coffee?" Wanda asks.

"I say- Oh we haven't bought food yet."

Wanda opens the fridge and looks in," Well, that explains the empty refrigerator." She says, closing the fridge back up.

Y/n looks at the calendar inquisitively before turning to her wife." Wanda?"

"Hmm?"

"Is there something special about today?"

Wanda looks down at herself as she speaks." Well, I know the apron is a bit much, dear, but I am doing my best to blend in." She admits.

"No- no. On the calendar." She says, leaning her head on the top of the other's." Someone's drawn a little heart right above today's date."

Wanda looks at it and pulls a face," Oh, yes, the heart." She turns around and faces Y/n," Well don't tell me you've forgotten, Y/n/n."

"Forgotten? I am incapable of forgetfulness! I remember everything."

"Well, then tell me what's so important about today's date." Wanda says, leaning on the kitchen counter.

Y/n stays quiet, thinking but getting nowhere." What was the question again?" The girl asks," Oh- well maybe you've forgotten yourself!"

"Me? Heavens, no! I've been sooooo looking forward to it!" She exagerates.

"As have I." Y/n says." Today... we are celebrating." The girl looks at her love expectantly.

"You bet we are- it's the first time we... have ever celebrated this occasion before!" Wanda says.

"A special day." Y/n says.

"Perhaps an evening..."

"Of great significance..."

"To us both!" Wanda says.

"Naturally." Y/n smiles.

"Obviously." Wanda says, leaning in for a kiss. When Y/n pulls away, she has a cheeky smile on her face.

"Well done us! Well, that's me off to work, then." She says, grabbing the briefcase which is on the floor.

"Oh, don't forget!" Wanda tells her as the other takes the hat off of a hook.

"I haven't!" The girl says before Wanda gestures to the scar on her face." Oh." She chuckles and shakes her head before snapping her fingers, the scar disappearing. She blows a kiss to Wanda, which she catches and holds close to her." Have a good day, dear!"

Y/n closes the door behind her and Wanda turns back to the calendar, staring at it for a moment- thoughts swimming in her head. There's a sudden knock at the door, pulling Wanda away from her thoughts as she walked out of the kitchen and into the main living area of the house. When she answers the door, a woman is standing there with a houseplant.