New friends

Snape asked me to stay after class one day to make sure I was adjusting well. I nod happily and tell him that I've made great friends in the Weasleys and Hermione much to his distaste.

"You must favor your mother's personality." He says with a sneer.

"Who is Draco?" I ask remembering his name.

"A Slytherin. May I ask why the sudden interest?" He asks.

"Someone pointed him out to me, then he'd come up saying some odd words?" I say kicking the ground.

I felt like a child again who'd gotten caught doing something bad.

"He shares a different.. view from what you may. I hear you're even kind to house elves." Snape says using a softer tone.

I nod "Treat others the way you want to be treated. They teach that in elementary school in America. I'm not any better, an orphan." I shrug.

"Don't ever look down on yourself. You're a descendent of Merlin and the house of Black!" He says louder than intended.

"Still doesn't change the fact I know nothing of them." I say shaking my head.

"Take Granger to the library. Shes done some wonderful things in there." He tells me shooing me out the door.

"When can I meet with you?" I ask him.

"Thursday, 7pm." He says just before shutting rhe door.

______________

That evening after sending my letter to Charlie, I find Hermione just before she was entering the Great Hall.

"I need your help." I say to her then explain the suggestion Snape had given.

"Do you know her maiden name?" Hermione questions.

"I'm not sure.I was under the assumption it was Judith Smalls, but I'd left her diary with Padfoot and Moony, maybe they could tell us. I haven't found anything under that name" I say looking over my shoulders. Sirius was still a wanted man after all.

Just as soon as we sit, everyone rushes outside. I shrug to Hermione and we follow the masses to see Unicorns pulling carriages. Out of the Black Lake large ships pop out of the lake. We all look in awe as we are directed to return to the Great Hall.

The twins take seats on either side of me and raise their eyebrows and I shake my head.

"Firstly, the lovely folks of Beauxbatons." the students dressed in blue enter dancing. They all were beautiful as they are followed by their Head Mistress Madame Maxine who is kissed by Dumbeldore and he takes her hand to guide her to a seat.

"My univorns only drin' single malt viskey." she instructs.

"I assure you our groundskeeper Hagrid will take the finest care of them." he assures her as the two half giants share looks of shyness. I smile at them it was a cute interaction.

After seated Dumbeldore announces the arrival of Durmstrang. A group of handsome, serious looking men enter followed by Viktor Krum and Headmaster Karkaroff. He was a nasty looking man, glaring at Snape. I'd have to ask him later about it.

All students were seated as Dumbeldore welcomed the Minister of Magic Barty Crouch Sr. He stood at the podium next to Dumbeldore as he made announcements.

"These tasks are not for the faint hearted. Chosen you stand alone. The ministry has decided that minimum age to enter will be 17." he begins but is interrupted by boos and jeers.

"That's rubbish." Shouts George as I try to pull him back into his seat.

"SILENCE!" Dumbeldore yells.

"We will be using the Goblet of Fire to choose each champion, one from each school." he continues on. He tells us it uses magic to project one champion from each school and there would be an age line around the goblet.

"You should enter, Saiph." The twins encourage. I shake my head.

"I'd rather not. I'm here to learn more about my family, not enter a championship where people have died." I say.

"Died?" Ron cries out.

"Yes, Ronald. It's dangerous."Hermione says.

We enter the common room and all agree to go to bed. It was a dreamless night.

_________________________

At breakfast I feel stares coming from Karkaroff. I look up and he's practically glaring at me as I try my best to hide behind Ginny. The owls had come and a letter drops in front of me. I wonder who it's fromnot recognizing the handwriting.

Saiph,

I'm so happy to have gotten your letter. In truth, Bill teased me quite a bit about it. I thought I was imagining things so I'm happy you feel the same way. I'm sorry to hear about your relationship, sort of. I would love to get to know you better. By now you know that the Championship is going on and I'd love to take you out while I'm there. I'll be by soon.

Charlie Weasley

P.S. Can you tell me some things about you?

My face is scarlet reading the letter. Ginny peaks over and winks at me. Charlie. Weasley. I read over his name and smile. Ginny begins discussing what I'd wear, distracting me from Karkaroff.

On the way to Care for Magical Creatures the twins tease me about Charlie's letter.

"Hello sister in law," Fred says.

"Charlie and Siaphy, sitting in a tree." George adds. I blush and punch George's shoulder.

"Guys, you should put that energy into studying." I say trying to change the subject.

"Come now, it's scandalous." Fred says.

"Fred, shut up." I say laughing and grinning evilly.

We get to class with the Hufflepuffs and it's a quiet and fun class. Beaubaxtons allowed us to examine their unicorns. I've never been this close to one.

"What do you want to do when you graduate?" Fred asks. I shrug, I really didn't know.

"I don't know. I'm not sure where I'm going to end up in life." I say.

"I wish you'd stay here." George says honestly.

"This program is only a year though, sadly." Isay.

We get back to the castle and have a free period so I decide to go meet Hermione.