counting stars

Did he know? Was he told that his innocent brother had been falsely imprisoned for 12 years? Did he know that Severus had become a Potions master at Hogwarts? Did my mom ever find out the truth my father had hidden from her?

The thoughts clouded my mind while I sobbed to myself on the bathroom floor. Hermione had gone at some point, Idon't know when. It was dark out now as I finally emerged from the bathrooms clutching the lifeline to my parents. I needed to talk to Sirius. I was still trying to comprehend everything as I mindlessly walked through the castle, uncertain of the actual time.

I knew Remus could get in contact with Sirius, but I wasn't going to be able to do that tonight. Tonight was the full moon and he'd surely be gone by now. As I wander through the halls I find myself staring at the paintings. I wondered if they could tell me about my father. If they knew more secrets than they'd let on, or if anyone asked them.

Shaking my head at the thought, I'd bumped into someone. I ran striaght into thier chest and pull away rubbing my forehead.

"I'm sorry." I say, looking up into a pair of grey eyes staring into mine.

"You okay?" he questions glancing over me.

I nod and continue on my journey to I don't know where. I hear steps behind me, ensuring that Draco was following, Unfortunately for him, I wasn't sure what to do. My mind still continued with ideas as I suddenly feel him grab my hand and lead me up a flight of steps. He puts a finger to his lips, gesturing for me to remain silent as I follow his lead.

I realize we've come to the astronomy tower and gasp at the sight of all of the stars. The universe seemed so big looking up at them all as I seem him lean onto the nearby rail.

"Care to share?" he questions.

I shake my head. "I don't know what to do. It hurts.. even to think."

"Don't talk then. Just.. relax. Look at the stars and breathe. If you look over this way you will find the best constellation of them all, Draco." he throws me a wink, gesturing toward his namesake.

I laugh and look up and take his advice to breathe. He didn't pester me anymore about what had been bothering me as Ilooked up into the sky silently staring at the vast open sky. Astronomy wasn't my strong suit but that never stopped me from appreciating what was in front of me.

Draco tapped my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic smile as I watched him leave. I turned back to the stars and remembered his words to breath, as I did just that. Inhale. Exhale. Focusing on that helped calm me down as I sat and looked at the journals, rereading thier notes to me. Feeling my eyelids becoming heavy, I leaned back and allowed sleep to consume me.

______

I hear voices and slowly open my eyes, realizing where I was. Thankful for it being in my uniform from yesterday, I straighten it out the best I could as Ihead to Ancient Ruins.

I see the twins standing by the door searching the sea of students and finally grin when their eyes meet mine. Running up to them, each grabs a hand and drags me into class.

"Not cheating on Charlie last night were you?" Fred questions.

"You look a bit worn out." George winks at me.

I shake my head and try to focus on what we were actually learning. The twins passed notes back and forth as class drug on. Once we were dismissed they each found anarm and drug me into a sucluded hallway. After releasing me they each lean against the wall trapping me against it causing me to sigh.

"Now, tell us." Fred commanded.

"Where you were?" George finished his thought.

"The astronomy tower. I needed to clear my head." I said leaving out details I wasn't ready to share.

"By yourself?" George questions playing with a strand of my hair.

"Or with someone?" Fred copies his brothers motions.

I sigh and shake my head trying to unsuccessfully push past the two.

"I need to find Lupin." I say now sternly, growing tired of the interrogation.

They nod and gesture for me to leave as I hear them go off into the oppisite direction of the DADA room. Once I reach the door I take in a deep breath. I didn't realize Draco's words would be coming to mind so frequently as Iused that Gryffindor courage to open the door and find him sitting on the steps eating a bit of chocolate.

"Remus." I breathe out and take a seat next to him.

He raises an eyebrow and hands me some chocolate and my heart warms as Itake a bite. I hear him chuckle and pat my head.

"What's going on?" he asks.

"I need to talk to Sirius." I inform him.

Without questioning he nods,"Can it wait until Christmas?"

I shake my head and finally show him the journals. He reads over them carefully, eyes scrunching at parts. It doesn't take him long to read them as he hands them back to me and nods.

"Are you okay?" he asks me.

I nod. "I just.. he needs to know. I know Ineed to find more information on the horcruxes but.." i begin. He nods in understanding.

"Let's see if Albus can have him come." Remus suggests, possibly the fastest way of getting him here.

"I still don't trust him, so what would I use as an excuse?" I ask him.

"If you aren't ready to share the information from the journals, surely we can think of something." Remus suggests.

I lean back on my arms thinking of what the best excuse could be. Then it hits me. Animagus.