Peace

I sit patiently, watching Sirius as he reads the words that were intended for just him. A flurry of emotions littered his face in such a short time. He begins shaking as he reaches the end and looks to me with a pained expression. The connection we have strengthening as neither of us can find the words to say to one another. He pulls me into a warm embrace which I gladly return to the man who'd lost too much in this lifetime.

"I may have lost everything, but having you here means the world to me, Siaph. You are a piece of my brother, one that I hadn't expected would ever come to me." he says as we seperate.

I nod, feeling the tears bulid. I was speechless at the moment. I don't think words could express the amount of emotions either of us was trying to process at the moment. Sirius was in every definition I could imagine of the word deserving. Just like others, we'd lost so much and it's only begun.

"You can take them and read the rest. I wanted you to have the chance before everyone else knew." I tell him.

His eyes widen in shock. "These are rightfully yours, if not more now than ever."

I shake my head. "We're family. Together we will do this. I'm going to keep trying to find a way to save Harry, too. I don't agree with anything Dumbeldore says other than the bits about love. It's the one thing that will make us win."

"I do love you dearly. Don't forget to take the time for yourself. Have you thought anymore about your career?" Sirius asks.

I laugh bitterly. "I'm not even sure. I know I'll be going with Charlie to Romania. I'm sure Dumbeldore will have me doing things for the Order there. He was supposed to set a meeting with Newt Scamanders son."

"You should meet with him. Travel might help narrow down what you want to do offically. Once this is over." Sirius adds with a smirk.

"Let's go get a drink. A bit cold, yeah?" I say to him. He nods and we continue discussing small things with nothing of importance and I realized these small moments are going to be the ones that pushed us through the inevitable pain ahead.

We walk into the Three Broomsticks and find Charlie and Bill sitting with the twins laughing at a booth in the corner. Sirius and I pull up seats as they welcome us.

Charlie looks at me and I smile. I knew I'd be explaining later, but for now this is what we all needed. Family.

____

We seperate shortly after from everyone and Charlie laces his hand in mine. We didn't have anywhere particular to go, just enjoying each others company.

"I think I'm going to have to look more into my Mom's.. gifts?" I say, unsure of the surrounding people.

He nods. "If I can help, I'm happy to."

"She explained a bit.. but I really think I'm going to have to travel to her childhood home." I say.

"Maybe after graduation? Remember its your N.E.W.T.S. year." he tells me.

"Oh believe me. Hermione won't let me forget." I laugh.

I lay my head on Charlie's shoulder and feel his head rest on top of mine. Inhaling I memorize the familiar scent that warmed my heart, just so. I focused on his breathing as we had a moment of peace, just to ourselves.

"It's getting late, we should head you back to the castle." He tells me, sadness hidden behind his words.

I groan and find him standing offering me his hands to help me up. I pout and stand. Before I realize what happened, I was thrown over Charlie's shoulder. I begin laughing so happily for the first time in what seemed like forever.

"Put. Me. Down." I tried saying in between laughing.

"Never." He says still walking with me. I see some of my classmates whispering and laughing along with us and Itry hiding to no avail.

"Charlie Weasley." I say with my best impression of Molly Icould muster up.

"Are you sure?" He asks.

"Yes." I demand.

Next thing I know I find myself in a snow pile. I laugh and try making a snowball to throw at him, but he's already running ahead of me. I threw another and found him throwing them back at me. We continued playing all the way up to the castle. Stopping a bit before the castle I was staring out at the Black Lake. It wasn't frozen over just yet, but snow remained around it, perfect and untouched.

It seemed to sparkle just so as the sun had begun to lower.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" I ask Charlie, not being able to tear my eyes from the beautiful sight in front of us.

"Yeah, it is." he says and puts both hands on either side of my face. He pulls me in for a kiss. It was gentle, warm, and tasted like butterbeer. It was one of the moments I promised myself I wouldn't forget.

We seperate as Charlie walks me up to the common room I see Hermione walking with Harry. She offers me a knowing smile and I roll my eyes. After a polite exchange of hellos, Harry is drug into the common room by Hermione.

"I'll see you soon." he promises.

"Please, be safe." I tell him.

He leans his forehead on mine. "I promise if you will as well."

"Being friends with Harry Potter, I can never fully promise. I will try." I say laughing.

He shakes his head before giving me one final kiss and watches me go into the common room. A smile had found it's way to my face and wasn't leaving anytime soon. Or so I'd thought.