charwe

Dear Saiph,

Hi. I was really happy you'd written me, even if it was to say hello. The dragons are a bit wild today. I'm not sure if Ronald has told you about Hagrid's old dragon Norbert, but he's going to be a father. How are your classes? Any news on your parents?

I guess you've also heard by now about the Yule ball. I wasn't allowed to say anything and spoil the surprise. I'd already mailed Dumbeldore, he's agreed to allow me to be your date if you'd like. Let me know.

Yours,

Charlie

I squeal at the breakfast table as the twins cover their ears. I look up at Dumbeldore who winks at me and find Ginny taking the letter out of my hands. She sits and reads it over with Hermione. The two share a look and turn to me with a mischevious look.

"Who's Norbert?" I ask Hermione, trying to change the subject.

"A dragon, Hagrid used to have. I'll tell you later. Can we discuss this letter?" she says excitedly.

Ron and Harry take a seat next to Hermione and peer down at the letter.

"Bloody hell. Now I need to see you snog my brother at the ball?" Ron moans smacking his face.

I yank the letter out of their hands and stuff it in my satchel. Charlie. Freaking. Weasley. Asked me. Me! Charlie freaking Weasley asked me to the Yule ball. I couldn't wrap my head around it.

I wave them a goodbye and rush off to History of Magic with the twins on my tail. They take a seat on either side of me in class and watch what I write back to Charlie.

Dear Charlie,

I'd love to be your date. If you come before, maybe we can go shopping? Madame Maxime seems to know my family. I haven't had the chance to ask her much but she lead me to the name Martin. Hermione and I had found an article saying our relation to Merlin and that my grandmother was pregnant with my mother. Karkaroff was basically a dead end. Snape told me not to bother. Hermione said she'll tell me about Norbert later, but congratulate him for me.

Double yours,

Saiph

I look down at the note still not fully satisfied but it would work. I then see the twins teasing me and Ikick them in the shins. I try to focus on class but find my mind drifting to the thought of Charlie in a suit. I'd bet he cleaned up nice.

"What do you mean Snape said not to talk to Karkaroff?" George questions me.

I explained the previous  conversation I'd had with Snape. George listened intently, drumming his fingers on the table. I feel Fred squeeze my shoulder and offer me a small smile.

______________________

I felt someone trying to shake me awake. I tried to smack them with my pillow, to no avail. Giving up I open my eyes to Ginny hovering over me.

"Wake up." she whispered.

I yawn and stretch outmy arms. Looking out the window I see the snow gently falling. Hogwarts was beautiful in the winter weather. I see Ginny handing me a cup of tea and take it gratefully.

"What's going on?" I ask her.

"My brothers gotten time off. After he sees the twins he wants to see you." she tells me.

I feel my stomach begin to do flip flops as I look down into my tea. I look up to see her looking suggestivly at me.

"I haven't seen Charlie like this with a girl." She tells me taking a seat on my bed.

"What do you mean?" I turn to her not understanding.

She lays back and gestures for me to join her which I gladly do. After a pause she continues,"There's been girls, of course. Only a couple have met mum."

I nod. Under the circumstances, I'd met her before getting taken to meet her. I wasn't sure how much that differed here from America.

"He's never made extra trips home. Saying he'd be busy with work. Last summer we'd gone to visit him, actually. He just seems different with you." She tells me the last part in a whisper.

"Gin, you know I've recently gotten out of a relationship. I don't want to rush and mess this up. I really as you say 'fancy' him." I say laughing to myself.

Ginny hears my laughter and joins in before long we continue talking about  the ball. Neville had asked her to go and she'd accepted. She was hoping Harry would've asked but it didn't seem like it was foing to happen.

Eventually, we get up and dressed. There in the common room I see Charlie beaming up at me. I smirk at Ginny and skip down the steps to him.

"Hello, there." He says to me.

I wrap my arms around him and hide my blushing face into his chest. I murmur a hello and I hear him chuckle. He was warm both physically and emotionally. He made me feel lighter.

I reluctantly pull away as he takes my hand in his and tells his brothers we'd be off. They wave to him and tease me behind his back. I stick my tounge out at them and find he's leading me to the castle gates.

"Uhm, Charlie. It's not a Hogesmade weekend." I say as we walk.

Smiling he looks down,"I'd gotten permission to take you for your dress. So long as you haven't changed your mind."

"Absolutely not!" I say too excitedly waving my hands in front of me.

He chuckles and picks up a broom stick and hands me one.

"Can you fly? Make the trip faster there." He asks.

I nod and take it and rush towards Hogesmade. We'd made it into a race and he ends up beating me there. Just before landing I do one final loop in the air.

Charlie claps and I take a bow.

"We aim to please, Mr. Weasley." I say with a wink.

"Consider it done." he says takingmy hand in his leading me to the dress shop.