snaddys back

The next couple of weeks had flown by. I kept Ioana at an arms length, more so when Charlie was near. True to his words, she was brilliant in her work. Showing me how to determine breeds, temperature controls, spells to prevent them from hurting one another. When Charlie was around she turned into a dragon herself, growing possessive over his time.

I hadn't brought up concerns to Charlie, more focused on getting through the journals for information. Hogwarts was starting up again, still no word from Hermione. Severus was due to show up any day, which Ifound myself looking forward too.

Besides the obvious information, there was nothing written more of the Martin/Merlin abilites. I'd been learning more and more about the dragons and grew facinated in the different temperaments and rituals the dragons had.

Getting back to our flat, it was empty for once. Charlie told me it was strange that Florin and Ioana were over that much. I didn't mention anything, seeing that I was only a temporary guest.

Charlie and I decided to relax that night, playing a game of Exploding Snaps and some Chess. It was fairly calm, unitl we hit our bed.

_____

Ioana and Florin must have come at some point in the night, beings they were in the kitchen when Charlie and I finally emerged from our room. Ioana wasted no time in offering Charlie a plate and taking a seat with him. Florin looked at her with hurt in his eyes, as he made a plate for himself and her. I was about to serve myself when I heard a knock on the door.

I open the door and find Severus standing behind it looking very out of place. Taking a step back I offered entrance for him as he took in the surroundings.

"Wait one minute. I have to grab something for you." I tell him rushing into the room for my grandfathers journal.

Coming out of the room I see Florin cowering behind his drink and Charlie was standing with Severus talking about nothing important. I snicker remembering how much he hated small talk. Ioana was slowly creeping closer, trying to determine what the man was there for.

"Charlie, we're going to head into town for lunch. Anything you'd like?" I say sweetly to him.

"Whatever you have. I'll see you tonight?" he says kissing my temple. Smiling I nod and bid my farewells to the couple. Charlie gives me a gentle kiss on the lips once Severus turns and throws me a wink before going into our room.

"Charming place you've got." Severus tells me.

"It's not bad, that Ioana is.. interesting." I tell him. "Very knowledgeable in the nursery though."

"Is she always so close with Charles?" he asks me.

Laughing I nod. "I'm not worried. I haven't brought it up, but she really makes that boy we stay with upset."

He nods and listens to me explain the situation with the girl as we walk to find the path where I'd initally found the dittany. I see the scorched tree and point to the ground where it'd been. Beyond the trees seemed to be an entire forest which he'd told me may contain more if I'd be up for the walk.

We spent a few hours, him showing me various herbs and plants that could be used for potions, some more uncommon than others.

"There's alot here. I'd imagine the workers here don't look to come this way what with the village and the dragons." Snape tells me.

"I'm not assigned alot of things, but I've had free time only in the evenings. I'm not sure what lies out here." I tell him, wondering what other creatures the forest had hidden.

"I haven't gotten to your Mum's house yet. Was there anything there I should be looking for?" he asks.

"I don't think so. I grabbed at random, Dumbledore seemed hurried. The journal from before was my grandfather's. Apparently, he willing turned himself over to Voldy Moldy." I say to him.