Pheonix

We walked into a small dress shop as a young lady greets us. I see her eyeing Charlie and he pulls me closer to him. We walk around the shop and he picks a few out.

None of the dresses I tried I seemed to be the one. That is until he hands me a white gown. I changed into it and did a spin. It was absolutely beautiful and had gems that sparkled. I felt like Cinderella from the no mag story.

I 3xited the dressing room to find Charlie speaking with the young lady about Hogwarts. Apparently, she'd recently graduated. When he spun around he gasped and rushed to my side forgetting his conversation.

"You look stunning, love." He says kissing my temple.

I nod and change back into my clothes. I go to check out and he ended up paying saying he wouldn't feel right. I tried arguing but didn't want to be rude.

He takes me into the Three Broomsticks, which was oddly quiet. I'd never seen it without it being filled with Hogwarts students. We sit in a corner booth and got butterbeers.

"So I guess we haven't really talked about it but what things do you enjoy?" Charlie asks me.

"Hmm. I do enjoy reading. This research on my family has almost become all but a hobby for me. I'd depleted the Ilvermorny library." I say recollecting my memories of countless hours over books.

"I wish I was able to help more." Charlie tells me.

"It's a duanting task to begin with. I actually want to talk to Dumbeldore if Ican tear him away for a moment."

"Sometimes he goes to the astronomy tower. Don't tell anyone but McGonagall told me you'll be having dancing lessons soon." he tells making me groan.

"Imagine, Ronald dancing with her." I say laughing.

"I haven't asked but is dancing something you enjoy?" he asks me.

"I've never been to a dance to be perfectly honest." I say.

"I'm honored then." He says fake bowing.

We'd finished our drinks and headed back to the castle. He said he'd come next for the dance and told me to get back safely.

Hermione was the only one in the room studying when I'd gotten back. She didn't even notice me coming in and I laid in my bed. Charlie was amazing, no denying that. I'd been lost in thought when I felt someone sit next to me on my bed.

"Your date went well?" Ginny asks.

I look at her and nod. "Your brother is amazing. He's kind. I can't believe he would have the slightest intrest in me."

"You're amazing too. I hope you don't forget that." Ginny tells me while patting my head.

"But, I haven't much of an idea what to do once I graduate. I hadn't realized I don't have many intrests either." I say feeling slightly glum.

She pats me on the back. "I think your researching is something."

After that she goes to get ready for bed. That statement left me thinking. Maybe I could make researching a career. I eventually drifted off into a dream about the dance with Charlie.

______________

The next morning, I was the first one awake. I quickly dress and sprint to the Great Hall. I needed to talk to Dumbeldore. I walk in out of breath and starting to feel a stitch in my side by the time Ireach him at the head table. There were few students down, but I clutch the table and bend over trying to catch my breath.

"Sir- whew- sir, I need to speak with you." I manage to breath out. Man, I was out of shape.

"Yes, Ms. Black?" He asks me smiling up from his pumpkin juice.

"Is it possible for me to set a meeting with you? Iwant to discuss my career path and have some questions about my family." I tell him.

"Well, traditionally you'd speak to Professor McGonagall. I can however set up a meeting if you'd like." he tells me.

I nod and we arrange for me to come later in the day. Finding my seat, the twins eventaully find their way next to me and begin teasing me about my date. Dumbeldore announces the dancing classes and we'd meet with our heads of houses.

After breakfast we got taken to a room with our fellow Gryffindors. everyone was talking and we hear McGonagall shout.

"The House of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding community for decades. I won't have you tarnish it in one night. Now, Mr. Weasley if you would." McGonagall pulls Ron up.

The twins and I start laughing.

"I just said this to Charlie last night." I whisper to Fred.

"Maybe you're a seer." He laughs back taking my hand before getting paired with someone strange.

We'd managed to only step on toes a bit and learned the dance well enough. We were there for a couple of hours before we were released to go to Care of Magical Creatures.

"T'day we're studyin' the pheonix." Hagrid says.

Before us sat a beautiful red bird who'd expanded it's wings and you could see the flames. Hagrid goes on to tell us more details about them before asking us questions. I'd known a bit about the pheonix from reading about them. I've started to read ahead for classes so Ican have a bit of a start on my work.

"Who can tell me 'ow they malt?" Hagrid asks.

I raise my hand slightly and notice mine is the only one up.

"Ms. Black!" Hagrid says enthusiastically.

"I believe they essentially errupt in flames, rising from their ashes." I try to explain what I'd read.

"20 points to Gryffindor." he tells me.

I didn't know anymore answers to the further questions about them but he seemed to be very informative. I take as many notes as possible before noticing the time. It was time to meet Dumbeldore, and Irushed.