Snaddy

Besides the small bit I knew, Snape sits and recounts his school years with me. He tells me about the Mauraders making his life a living hell. This had pushed him closer to my father, bonded over hate.

He goes on to tell me that he'd met Lily in a field on a warm summer afternoon. He resented her sister for the hate and jealousy she'd held toward LIly. Snape tells me he'd been in love with her from that moment on.

He goes on to tell me about his drifting away from Lily as she grew closer to the Mauraders. He tells me about calling her a Mudblood, and his ever growing resentment of himself.

When Lily and James had married, it had been a private affair. He'd sent a present, even if he hated Potter. He was still in the Dark Lord's control and missed Lily's companionship terribly all the more. He'd went to Dumbeldore who'd promised to keep them safe. He risked his life as a spy to compensate, essentially, for his mistakes.

He'd recieved word of their deaths and went to the Potter home and clutched Lily's body as soon as he realized Harry was safe. He'd cried for awhile clutching her. He tells me he went to Dumbeldore then chastising them for not keeping them safe and the man told him he'd put his faith in the wrong man.

He then continues on to say he'd continue serving Dumbeldore, in order for Harry's protection. As he finishes his story he looks at me as if a weight had been lifted off of his chest.

"So, in the same respect, I'd do anything to help you Siaph. I severly doubt had Regulus followed me into being freinds with Lucius, we'd be here today." he looks sadly at me.

I grasp his shoulders, shocking him.

"Don't do that. My father died protecting secrets to stop him. You don't need to blame yourself for it. Don't take any blame, for any of it. You both made bad choices, but you're here now. Isn't that what counts?" I cry out. How the man carried the burden of everyone's sins was beyond me. He's not one to show emotions, so how did he cope?

"You give me to much credit, little star." he says pulling me in for a hug.

"How do you feel about Harry's... situation, now?" I ask him wearily. He'd been willing to die for his protection. With the possible newfound information, was it worth dying for Harry's impending death?

"I think it would be smart to begin looking for loopholes, or more informatin on what this nonsense is." he tells me now more serious.

"Sir, I think we may need to consider forming a group within this organization. I do think Dumbeldore is great, but is it all a power trip?" I ask him.

"A power trip?" he questions raising an eyebrow.

"I'd read once, about his family ordeal. It seemed to take a toll. I wonder where his brother is now." I think openly.

"Aberforth?" he questions, now begining to line his thoughts with mine.

"Did you see the note?" I question.

He nods,"I think Dumbeldore was right in trusting the task to you. Let me go and collect my thoughts. I'll return to discuss what next steps we should take. Think of who you may want in on your idea."

He pulls me in for a hug before apparating with a crack. I sit and ponder his last task. Who would Iwant with me? Surely Hermione and Sirius. I believe Remus would follow Sirius, and Tonks would join Remus. Harry may be quesitonable, without the proper information. Ron would probably follow Harry, being his best friend. Charlie would probably support me, as for the rest of the contenders I remained unsure.

I leave the room and hear a piano playing. Smiing I go down and find Hermione, Ron, and Harry playing a familiar tune on it. I smile looking on not wanting to interrupt their private moment. I feel arms wrap around my waist and smile up at the man I love. We look on at the peaceful moment smiling.

I gesture for us to go into the next room. Charlie nods and we sit on the couch near the fire.

"Do you think it would be possible to have peace like that ever again?" I question.

"I'm sure. We need to fight first. We need to cherish these moments, now." He says kissing my temple.

I look at him and get lsot in thought. I'd wondered if we'd ever have children. Would they look like him or I? If we didn't have children, would he ever join me to travel? Would we live in Romania together? What did our future hold? A million thoughts run through my mind. I'm pulled back to the present as he kisses me gently. I return it and grin against his face.

"What is going on in that pretty little mind?" charlie asks me.

"Nothing, it's silly." I say shaking my head knowing there were more important things to worry about.

"Don't be ridiculous. What is it, love?" he asks.

"Ah, just our future. Kids.. ours.. if we ever do... See, Itold you it was silly."I stumble on my words as he stares at me in astonishment.

"Is that something you want, kids I mean?" Charlie asks me.

Shrugging I reply," With you, maybe. I want to have my career, though."

"I know what you mean. I can't imagine anyone else being the mother to my children... if that day comes." he says. I know Charlie was feeling a bit like Iwas, in respects of resentment of the upcoming war.

Yes, I needed to tell Charlie about my conversation with Snape but not now. Now, Ineeded to enjoy the moment. Mesmorize all of his features. The scars, burns, smiles, freckles, emotions, etc. that he would give me. Remember the feeling of warmth, happiness, but most of all love.