second task

The next couple of months had gone by quickly. I'd decided to shift my focus from my parental search to focusing on researching more magical creatures. I wouldn't say I'm fully satisfied with what I knew but for me it was enough for now. Hermione was busy with helping Harry decode the egg so my helper had gone.

Charlie and I decided to write weekly and he'd come twice since the ball for Hogesmade weekends. He didn't want to in his words smother me. He would tell me about his job, which I was finding increasingly more intresting. I'd tell him what I learned from Hagrids class and my time with studying.

Draco hadn't really spoke with me much, but I'd fallen into a bit of a routine with him. We'd wave hello to each other if we seen each other and he'd keep his friends away from me.

Snape had offfered to teach me privately about potions. It consisted mostly of us discussing different ingredients when I'd help him organize or clean. I'd found it to be rewarding because he would explain different interactions in depth or how certain ways of cutting or mixing could affect each other. We'd gotten closer and I had grown to feel like he was also an Uncle to me.

The day of the second task was chilly. Hermione and Ron had gone missing, pressumably to help Harry for the task. I'd grown weary of Moody and avoided him at all costs. I walked down to the boats with Ginny and the twins who were taking bets.

The twins wanted to open a joke shop and were building money to do so. I'd helped them sell items when I could, because I wasnt' able to help financially.

"It's so weird. I knew they'd be pushing it but I haven't seen them at all." I say looking around for Hermione and Ron.

"Look" I feel Ginny elbow me. The stands were filled as we struggled to find seats. The twins sat us in between them and we watched the water as Dumbeldore spelled his wand to yell. He announced each competitor had lost a treasure and were to find it.

I'd watch Cedric use a bubble head charm, one that he'd told me he was considering. Krum turned into a shark, I couldn't see Fleur, and Harry struggled and fell into the water. Before anyone could worry he flipped into the air.

He'd taken Gillyweed. I'd recognized it from Snape's lessons. I looked up at him as he looked toward the water with an expressionless face. He had to be pissed. They'd broken in to get it. Snape had told me different ingredients were missing too for a polyjuice potion. I looked around and wondered who could be the fake.

Not long after Fleur is retired early. Cedric emerges with Cho and both are taken away to get warm. Krum emerges with Hermione after the time limit and Ibreath relieved to see her. Ibegin to panic for Harry and Ginny holds my hand. We stare at the water silently and wait for our friends.

Harry ends up poppping out of the water with two people. One had been Fleur's sister. We were going ot rush over to see him but were instructed to sit. Figuring we'd see them later the four of us make our way back to the castle. Fred and George figure out the bets as they make the way to the common room.

We see Harry, Ron, and Hermione snuggled together on the couch and we join them. I crush Hermione in a hug and she just grins at me.

"Harry, excellent job mate." Fred says clappinghim on the shoulder.

"You did really well." I tell him.

"Yeah, about that. Neville was the one who'd thought of the Gillyweed." Harry tells us.

I feel the eyes on me and I shrug. "I won't say anything."

They nod. "It was a stroke of genius." Ron says.

"Guys, do you know anyoen who might be using a polyjuice potion?" I ask them.

They shake their heads and Hermione speaks up now,"We did in second year but nothing now. The only person who is suspicious would be Mad Eye in my opinion."

"Hermione, you're the brightest witch of our age. If you think of anything let me know." I tell her.

She grins and nods to me. What a day.

_____________

I sat in the library reading Newt Scamanders: Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them when Hermione sits next to me.

"I've been thinking. Is there anyway for you to find out if anyone else was underground with your parents?" Hermione asks.

"I mean, maybe I could ask Snape. I don't know." I say trying to think who might be good to ask.

"What about Sirius?" she whispers.

I shrug. Before I can say anything we see Mad Eye entering the library. He looked like he was being suspicious and we decided to observe. Iput my book in my bag and we see him looking for something in the restricted section. Before we could run he spots us.

"Granger, Black, spying are yas?" he asks us.

"No, sir." I say.

"Sir, about our assignment this week.." Hermione continued on with some mumble abotu her class. She thanks him and we run off. I drag her to Snapes office and she looks confused.

"He's one of the few people I trust." I say simply, as I knock.

"He hates me. This is the strangest day of my life." she tells me.

Snape opens the door surprised to see us and invites us in.

"Granger, Black. What is it?" he demands. He usually doesn't talk this way to me. Maybe he doesn't like her.

"Moody. I don't trust him." Hermione finally says.

He raises an eyebrow to her.

"Was there anyone else in hiding with my parents?" I ask him.

"One at a time. Granger, what's wrong with Moody besides the obvious?" Snape asks.

"We just saw him in the restricted section. He looked like he was searching for something, but it wasn't just that. He frequently looked over his shoulder. It was just, out of the normal." Hermione explains.

"I'm surprised Dumbeldore would hire a drunk, personally. Remus had to have been a better teacher." I say thinking out loud to myself.

"He was." Hermione confirms.

"What did you just say?" Snape asks me with wide eyes.

"Well, I'm just saying a man that drinks that much clearly has some unresolved issues." I shrug. I notice Hermione's eyes go wide as well as they both stare at me.

"We need to go to Dumbeldore's office now." Hermione says.

"Normally, Granger I'd agree with you. Considering he's just seen you I think you two should wait here. I'll send a Patronus." he commands and we just sit looking at each other.